Embedded Software Multimedia Engineer
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
Embedded Software Audio Engineer
As an Embedded Software Audio Engineer at Fitbit, your focus will be working with other embedded software engineers, electrical engineers, site/mobile engineers, and third-party vendors to develop a full stack of solutions to deliver audio content. Your work will enable new customer experiences in current and next-generation Fitbit products, and advance our mission to help encourage fitness and wellness. Development work may range from low-level bare-metal coding, evaluating and integration of partner solutions, algorithm and codec implementation, and validation and optimisation of performance and battery life.
As an Embedded Software Audio Engineer, you will take on challenges in areas that may include:
- Develop and enable new product features in embedded software
- Write/Integrate audio drivers and support for hardware / peripherals
- Design and implement system technologies, such as data management and transport
- Create user interfaces, collaborating with our UI/UX designers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or comparable skill
- 5+ years professional experience working in RTOS (or embedded Linux) and bare metal environments
- Proven strong coding skill in C
- Proven strong understanding of software design - technology, methods and approaches
- Experience with audio and multimedia development and framework design in embedded products
- Experience implementing partner solutions that integrate partner infrastructure, interfaces, and content
- Experience delivering a product into high volume manufacturing
- Experience with ultra-low power / ultra-small footprint software design strongly preferred
- Algorithm implementation in SIMD instruction sets and low-power DSPs
- Experience with technologies such as MP3, Vorbis, AAC, speech codecs, beamforming, echo and noise cancellation and reduction, mixing and equalization
- Experience with low level assembly coding and optimization
- Experience with audio test tools such as Soundcheck, Audio Precision
- Experience with DSP SDKs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Manager of Identity and Permissions
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Pinterest, San Francisco
Senior Front-end Developer
Canopy, Lehi, Utah
Norwegian speaking Live Dealer
German Speaking Data Analyst, Pre-Sales Solutions - Dublin
Engineering Manager - Mobile Developer Experience
Slack, San Francisco