Senior Program Manager - Research and Innovation
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is searching for a Senior Program Manager to be a part of the creation of a new Research & Innovation Operations team. Your role will be to improve and accelerate Fitbit’s delivery of new technologies to the executing programs developing products. You will work with key stakeholders across the organization to help identify technology & innovation requirements and priorities related to the product roadmaps. You will use strong facilitation skills to develop and/or improve processes that promote communication and integration into cross-functional product development channels. Additionally, you will use your skills to help establish and manage the processes need in the Research department to contribute to regulatory compliance.
What You’ll Work On:
Facilitation & Coaching
- Facilitate departmental and cross-function meetings that develop or improve processes
- Coach project leads on appropriate project management tools to help them be more effective and efficient in the execution of their projects
- Facilitate the creation of regulatory testing protocols, IRB interaction processes and results documentation methods
Program and community engagement
- Develop, maintain, and communicate Research roadmaps and engagement processes
- Develop, maintain, and communicate study roadmaps and engagement processes
- Serve as an ambassador to other teams so that their stakeholders understand the value and business needs of our projects and studies
- Represent and advocate for our projects in Fitbit’s planning processes
- Communicate relevant activity elsewhere in Fitbit back to our project teams
Prioritization and reporting
- Work with project leads to understand project hypotheses, goals, resource constraints and status
- Keep products and programs on schedule by facilitating communication across teams about dependencies on the critical path
- Track and prioritize requests from within and outside of the teams
- Provide feedback on project progress to other program managers
- Create efficient processes for reporting on and potentially escalating resource contention, technical dependencies, and other types of risks
Leverage tools and process for efficiency
- Make smart use of the tools and technology available at Fitbit to reduce manual labor and avoid issues being lost or delayed
- Improve processes over time
Who you are:
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years working as a program manager using multiple methods and techniques
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques: e.g. scrum, scrum of scrums, continuous integration, retrospectives
- Experience working with external teams, remote teams/team members, and managing vendor relationships and schedules
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with tools such as Atlassian Confluence and JIRA, Microsoft Office, Google Apps
- Willingness to learn new things and to look for innovative or non-standard solutions to problems
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile, and Lean Six Sigma
- Experience working in the health sector, including HIPAA and FDA compliance.
- Have a technical background (i.e. you are not afraid to understand the detail behind issues)
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Certified Product Owner preferred
- Configuration experience with Atlassian Confluence and JIRA tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.