Sr Cost Accountant
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Sr. Cost Accountant will report to the Sr. Cost Accounting Manager and will play an integral role to support the growth of the company. This individual will support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing and audit activities and working closely with Operations to support manufacturing activities. This role will also support various projects related to inventory and cost providing functional support to ensure successful implementation.
- Participate in month-end and year-end closing activities including journal entries, account reconciliations, manufacturing expense accrual, capitalized MFG OH, variance analyses, and reserve analyses.
- Participate in the quarter-end and year-end audit including physical inventory at 3PL, prepare PBC schedule and supporting documents for auditor review.
- Work with Operations to review E&O inventory to ensure appropriate reserve, usage adjustment, and timely disposition.
- Work with Operations to review Supplier Liability to ensure appropriate reserve.
- Collaborate with team to resolve inventory discrepancies by performing reconciliation with 3PL reports, Vendor shipments, and analyzing Goods in Transit.
- Review SOX controls and process documents to ensure adherence of internal controls and ensure process integrity within Cost/Inventory and work with team members to resolve process issues and implement process improvements.
- Review item & BOM including updating item attributes that impacts standard cost roll.
- Perform standard cost review on a quarterly basis and work closely with Ops to justify standard cost changes, and provide impact analysis for review and approval.
- Collaborate cross functionally on projects that impacts Inventory and Cost.
- Ad Hoc reporting and other duties as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related fields
- 5+ years of accounting experience with prior cost accounting experience required
- Experience working with manufacturing company or CM preferred
- Good understanding of Supply Chain and Operations
- Experience working with ERP such as Netsuite, Oracle, or SAP
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls
- Good understanding of SOX compliance preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Production Finance - Unscripted, Docs or Comedy
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Credit & Collections Analyst
Pinterest, San Francisco
Refinery29, New York
Senior Counsel, Music
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Manager, Subscriber Forecast & Analysis
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Peloton, NY HQ