Content Creation Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
Content Creation Manager
WE are a passionate team creating a next-generation digital fitness platform and are on a mission to craft products that inspire millions of people to get fit and live healthier lives. We design health and fitness products and experiences that fit seamlessly into everyday life to help millions of people achieve their goals. We provide the programs, workouts, insights and encouragement to make smart choices to show how small, everyday changes add up to big results.
YOU are a proven creative leader skilled at delivering high-quality, multi-faceted, fast-moving, content-driven experiences on time and on budget. You’d like to unleash your considerable skills toward helping people reach their health and fitness potential and making a positive impact in people's lives.
You have experience managing and inspiring content teams in varying disciplines, including video, audio and written content. You know how to lead a creative meeting to be results-driven rather than just “navel gazing brainstorming.” Your previous teams have respected your vision and been inspired to do their best work under your leadership.
You have better-than-excellent communication skills and your colleagues would describe you as creative, outgoing, persuasively assertive, and diplomatic. Problem-solving and decision-making come naturally to you, as does being proactive to make sure projects are delivered on time.
What you will work on:
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be responsible for the concepting, planning, execution and delivery of content production projects. You will manage a cross-functional team of audio/video producers & editors, writers, and curriculum experts. You’ll work closely with design, creative, marketing, product, engineering, and QA teams to build experiences that delight our customers on a daily basis while delivering measurable health outcomes.
You know that great content can make a difference to real people in the real world, and that is how you build a strong brand. Our mission is nothing short of making the world a healthier place!
- Inspire. Manage a team of creative and talented content creators, urging the best out of all of them while you show them the best of yourself. Define and determine the course ahead and how content will fit into every aspect of the Fitbit Premium experience. Don’t settle for less than the best, yet recognize where creative compromise will win the day.
- Collaborate. Stay in close sync with the various other teams and stakeholders who rely on content to fuel everything they do. Bring the vision of the content team to every meeting and discussion, representing the product to be produced.
- Oversee. Manage the group’s creative output as well as budget and all aspects of resource deployment. Hire the best and manage the best. Participate in cross-functional leads meetings, representing the content team in every regard.
- Watch. Bring your expertise in video and audio production to help shape and craft everything this team creates. Use your years of experience giving notes on edits to help make “good,” “great.” You’ve spent so much time on sets that you know exactly what little tweak will make every production that much better.
- Read. Use all those hours you’ve spent writing scripts and essays to bring new ideas to the writers on your team. Find that grammatical fix that will unlock the sentence and the “big idea” that will unlock the whole concept. You will manage the team executing on every written word in the content ecosystem.
- Do. The curriculum experts are the “gurus” of the Fitbit Premium content creation and you will oversee their efforts to create the most engaging experiences based on science and study. Understand what drives humans to “do” and drive towards results, enabling collaboration across all teams so everything content does is based on the advice from the experts.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years experience managing video production teams
- 7+ years experience creating engaging audio/video experiences
- Experience managing teams of writers
- Strong writing skills, including scripts, articles, and other treatments
- Understanding of editing software like FCPX and Premiere
- Bachelors Degree
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience in any kind of “outcome focused” curriculum content a plus
- Has an interest in fitness, emerging fitness tech and tech in general
Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Jr Video Fellow, Pero Like
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Manager, Original Film Publicity
Netflix, New York, New York
CB Insights, New York
Web Editor(旅行编辑)6month contract
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Freelance Production Assistant, Tasty
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Specialist, Digital Assets and Delivery
Netflix, Los Angeles, California