Customer Support Product Specialist- Fitness Trackers
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is looking for an experienced Product Specialist to join our Customer Support team! In this role, you will be the voice of the customer within the Fitbit teams supporting our best-selling fitness trackers. You will be responsible for managing relationships with cross-functional partner teams as a representative of Customer Support, escalating and prioritizing issues, and advocating on behalf of the customer in product design and development settings. Within Customer Support, you will be a valuable resource for the development of training, tools, internal and user-facing content, and support processes. You will have direct influence on products, policies, and processes that will affect millions of Fitbit users around the world.
- Be a subject matter expert for Fitbit’s fitness tracker products, including the hardware, firmware, and interactive features
- Work directly with product and partner teams to influence and support development of new and existing products from the perspective of the customer
- Independently provide guidance to product owners, marketing teams, and executives regarding how customers will react and how the business will be impacted by the design of a given product or feature
- Work with the Fitbit Field Testing team to understand user feedback in order to anticipate customer questions and concerns
- Work with the Customer Support, Community, and Social Support teams to triage and escalate customer-facing issues, develop communication plans for product launches, and influence product development based on feature requests from the user base
- Manage prioritization and resolution of customer-facing issues with cross-functional partner teams based on judgement and expertise, including filing detailed bug reports and identifying potential stakeholders across multiple partner teams
- Manage scheduled reporting of customer issue trends and insights to product teams and leadership, including analysis and guidance for decision-makers
- Maintain documentation of current and emerging issues for customer support agents, including handling process and proper troubleshooting, and communicate updates about the resolution of these issues to customer support agents via the proper channels
- Collaborate with the Customer Support Content and Training teams to develop internal resources and customer-facing messaging to support product launches, changes to the product, and emerging issues
- Direct the work of customer support agents around the world, both directly and remotely, including communication with agents, support staff, and supervisors
- Contribute to contact center staffing plans and forecasting
- Advocate within the larger Fitbit organization on behalf of both the customer and our support agents
- Some international travel required - up to 5% annually
- 2+ years of experience working in a technical customer support environment, including experience working directly with product and/or engineering teams
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with CRM software, especially Salesforce
- Previous experience building or supporting connected devices, especially wearables, fitness trackers, GPS units, smartphones, or related technology
- Familiarity with reporting and analysis, especially Tableau, Salesforce, and Excel
- Advanced knowledge of JIRA or equivalent project management software, especially Agile boards and creating/filtering tickets
- Demonstrated ability to provide executive leadership with strategic guidance based on your own analysis and judgement
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple requests from different partner teams
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and quickly absorb and interpret new information, products, and features from the perspective of the customer
- Excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence
- Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- High personal productivity with demonstrated follow-up ability
- Personal interest in consumer electronics, digital health, and wellness
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Product Marketing Manager, Retention
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Designer, Learning Experience
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Technical Program Manager- Product Engineering
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Quartzy, Palo Alto, CA
Digital Product Designer – Hotel Search
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany