Director, Internal Communications
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
We are looking for a dynamic collaborator to provide a unified and consistent approach to employee communication and engagement across all business groups at Fitbit globally. We are a 1600+ strong team across 18 countries combining engineering, sales, marketing, operations and support talent to help Fitbit fulfill its mission to make everyone healthier.
Reporting to the VP of Global Human Resources, this new role is responsible for the creation of Fitbit’s Internal Communications strategy and delivery to our global organization, primarily supporting the internal communications strategy and aligning with the overall mission of the company. The communications director will create the internal plan and supporting program of initiatives to build employee engagement through innovative and professional communications. Key aspects of the role include fostering an open, supportive and inspiring culture where employees learn more about the organization at a global and local level, while also offering them a platform to be heard. The role will work closely with the external communications and marketing teams to bring to life our employer brand energizing employees and prospective future hires to promote a positive experience of working at Fitbit.
- Partner closely with leaders and key stakeholders to develop and manage the internal communication program for the company. Develop and implement innovative and engaging communications programs that build on and enhance Fitbit’s culture, ambitions and strategic priorities
- Regularly attend department meetings throughout the business to listen and collect feedback and information to develop relevant and timely communications
- Develop and manage the engagement program for the executive team to promote the visibility and relatability of our leaders; act as a liaison between employees and Senior executives and advise them of developments throughout the organization
- Partner with the business and HR leadership teams to develop a comprehensive employment value proposition (EVP) and communications framework to attract and retain key talent. Key initiatives include development of an HR communications plan that instills Fitbit’s EVP and business strategy across various channels
- As a member of the HR team, bring your communications expertise to our work on key initiatives including Career Paths, Career development, Management Development, Employer Brand, Diversity & Inclusion, and Wellness to ensure that content is curated and is engaging
- In partnership with Sr. Executives and the External Communications and Marketing teams, lead the curation of the employee all-hands meeting content and maximize the effectiveness of this employee communications vehicle globally. Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are thoughtfully and successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Develop a manager communication strategy to enable and strengthen management and leadership capability
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums, and perform content management including planning, editing, and writing content, as well as preparing layouts
- Reinforce Fitbit as a great place to work including managing select social media sites targeted at current and prospective employees
- Plan and carry out communications for internal events
- Coordinate the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception
- Experience developing communications programs that engage and motivate employees
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with a proven record of partnering to develop and implement effective employee communication strategies
- Ability to heavily influence the development of appropriate and effective messaging with key stakeholders of all levels across the organization
- Exceptional partnering skills. Requires a high degree of humility and willingness to receive and respond to feedback
- Outstanding listening skills and ability to decipher and distill large amounts of information into a salient, succinct and compelling summary
- Excellent organizational and project planning and execution skills
- Strong knowledge of contemporary digital communications and social media practices
- Proven track record of executing high-impact communications programs
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and seamlessly adapting to evolving business priorities
- Proven ability to work autonomously while also effectively collaborating in a matrixed team environment
- Stellar executive presence
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Snap Inc., New York, NY
Technical Sourcer (Contract-to-Hire)
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
HR Project Manager
GitHub, San Francisco
Recruiting Coordinator - Shanghai
Director, Human Resources - Product
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
UK Community Manager
Glossier, London, United Kingdom