Senior Marketing Ops Specialist
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly-traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public—offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like free lunches, Friday happy hours, on-site fitness classes and more. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is made up of three modern buildings located at the heart of SOMA in San Francisco. Monday-Friday you can feast your eyes on amazing views of the skyline, then feast yourself on some of the city’s best food trucks, lunch spots and coffee shops. When you’ve had your fill, lace up and make your way to the Ferry Building for the perfect post-work run or walk along the water (with the Bay Bridge as your backdrop)!
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
You will partner with the Operations Manager in the development of tools, processes, and frameworks to deliver operational efficiencies. This includes exploration and assessment of logistical details related to design, develop, and implement for existing and new platforms/solutions in support of the Marketing department. The role will work cross-functionally with multiple internal and external teams.
The Marketing Operations Specialist will utilize project management best practices to deliver high-impact value through detailed situation assessment, requirements gathering, and sharing of multiple solutions.
The ideal candidate is an analytical and operational thinker, with an interest in Marketing technology and should also be interested in building a solid operating infrastructure for our leads, database, reporting & analytics.
- Partner with the operations team to manage the email marketing operation workflow, including segmentation assessment and development, campaign monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Work with the Lifecycle team to identify, build, and execute audiences for the testing calendar.
- Deliver reporting and insights that accurately measure the performance of each email campaign on a recurring basis.
- Work with teams to diagnose, maintain, and improve the data and technical infrastructure underlying our email operations.
- Minimum 1-year experience in a technical role on a marketing team.
- Strong experience with SQL and Excel.
- Experience with gathering technical requirements as a Business Analyst or in a similar role
- Independently motivated with a strong technical background using data and a hypothesis-driven approach to tackling strategic problems and synthesizing results into recommendations.
- A superb communicator, in both formal and informal business situations. Exceptional attention to detail, effective time management, organizational and research skills.
- A results-driven team player who loves to solve problems, can work with cross-functional teams and has the flexibility and agility to adapt to changing and evolving business requirements and objectives.
- Prior experience working on an email marketing team or with an email service provider a plus.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.