Manager, Data Engineering
Fitbit, US - Boston
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
What will you do?
- Lead a team of data engineers that builds impactful data tools and stands up critical machine learning infrastructure
- Grow your team by actively identifying and recruiting talented individual contributors
- Be a thought leader in the types of tools and architecture we stand up for our stakeholders
- Seek out inefficiencies in our processes and methodologies and actively work to correct them
- Help to build Fitbit's data brand by speaking at conferences, writing blog posts and thinking of new ways to share the innovative work we're doing in data engineering
Our ideal candidate will have most (but preferably all) of the following skills:
- 5+ years of experience in the data or software engineering space
- 2+ years experience leading a highly technical team in a dynamic environment
- Impressive track record of being able to deliver on complex projects, solid project management skills and attention to detail
- Hands-on experience in architecting and developing efficient data pipelines and/or standing up production-level machine learning infrastructure
- Exceptional communication skills
- Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic organization with minimal documentation and process
- Experience with following technologies: AWS, Spark, Python/R, SQL
- Working knowledge of ETL best practices
- Keen interest in the health and fitness, wellness and technology industries
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Entry-Level Software Engineer - Web (Biz Growth Team)
Yelp, Hamburg, Germany
Sales and Marketing Systems Analyst
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Tech Ops Specialist, Production Ops - Japan
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Harry’s, Harry's Germany
Senior Material Scientist
Harry’s, New York, NY
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA