Senior Software Engineer
Flashpoint, New York, NY, Tysons, VA or Remote
MAKE MORE INTELLIGENT DECISIONS
Flashpoint is the globally trusted leader in risk intelligence for organizations that demand the fastest, most comprehensive coverage of threatening activity on the internet. From bolstering cyber and physical security, to detecting fraud and insider threats, Flashpoint partners with customers across the private and public sectors to help them rapidly identify threats and mitigate their most critical security risks. Flashpoint is backed by Georgian Partners, Greycroft Partners, TechOperators, K2 Intelligence, Jump Capital, Leaders Fund, Bloomberg Beta, and Cisco Investments. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
What we are looking for:
Our best engineers are collaborative and selfless. They enjoy writing code but they prioritize documenting and mentoring. They leave code cleaner than when they found it but don’t insist on particular patterns. They optimize for simplicity and readability. They are involved in the full lifecycle of software development: understanding the requirements, designing the solution, writing the code, testing the implementation, and deploying it to production. They are fully engaged in the problem domain.
What you will do:
As a delivery engineer, you will build software that is the closest to the customer. You must care that the interfaces you build are reliable, responsive, simple, and predictable. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Build, maintain, and document customer-facing APIs
- Build, maintain, and document event-driven applications that consume streaming data
- Collaborate with the product team as well as cyber threat, fraud, and security experts to understand the problems that customers want to solve
- Collaborate with the data and operations teams to design infrastructure that supports the APIs
- Identify opportunities for automation and drive process improvements
Technologies you will work with:
The core responsibility of a delivery engineer is to build and maintain well-running APIs. This means you must work with:
- API frameworks like OpenAPI, Apiary, and API Blueprint
- Python web frameworks like Flask and Django
- Search databases like Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene
- Monitoring tools like ElasticAPM, Prometheus, and Grafana
Our developers succeed when they know how their work fits in within the entire infrastructure. They integrate their work with the data team’s or operation team’s stack. Therefore, engineers on all of our teams have a chance to work with a varied list of technologies, like:
- Streaming pipelines using tools like Kafka, AWS MSK, and Google PubSub
- Cloud providers like AWS and GCP
- Containers like Docker and rkt
- Container orchestrators like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, and Mesos
- Configuration management and IaC tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and Terraform
What you will bring:
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer
- Proficiency in Python
What else would be great:
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and a product that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded events: dietary & allergy conscious catered lunches, book clubs, happy hours, committees and much more.
- Benefits. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including unlimited PTO, 401(K), mental health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, and generous parental leave policies.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements and daily meditation, well-stocked kitchens, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
OUR MISSION Deliver Business Risk Intelligence to empower business units and functions across organizations with a decision advantage over potential threats and adversaries. The company’s sophisticated technology and human-powered analysis enable enterprises and public sector organizations globally to bolster cybersecurity, confront fraud, detect insider threats, enhance physical security, assess M&A opportunities, and address vendor risk and supply chain integrity.
Want to learn more about Flashpoint? Visit Flashpoint's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.