Software Engineer in Test I/II
Flashpoint, New York, NY, Tysons, VA or Remote
MAKE MORE INTELLIGENT DECISIONS
Flashpoint is the globally trusted leader in risk intelligence for organizations that demand the fastest, most comprehensive coverage of threatening activity on the internet. From bolstering cyber and physical security, to detecting fraud and insider threats, Flashpoint partners with customers across the private and public sectors to help them rapidly identify threats and mitigate their most critical security risks. Flashpoint is backed by Georgian Partners, Greycroft Partners, TechOperators, K2 Intelligence, Jump Capital, Leaders Fund, Bloomberg Beta, and Cisco Investments. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel
What we are looking for:
Our best engineers are collaborative and selfless. They enjoy writing code but they prioritize mentoring and supporting others. They leave code cleaner than when they found it but don’t insist on particular patterns. They optimize for simplicity and readability. They are involved in the full lifecycle of software development: understanding the requirements, designing the solution, writing the code, testing the code, testing the integration, deploying it to production, and monitoring the deployment. They are fully engaged in the problem domain.
We see it as a prerequisite that candidates possess and demonstrate a desire to lead from the front in improving a supportive, empathetic team; we expect candidates to be trusted and beloved by their teammates such that they become technical and emotional anchors for the rest of the team and department.
What you will do:
- Perform exploratory testing and assist in the identification and design of test automation.
- Develop test strategies and implement test best practices across the entire technology stack.
- Improve our existing test automation frameworks and infrastructure and support engineers in writing automated tests.
- Develop test plans by collaborating with cross-functional teams and identify tests for automation, or to automate them
- Create and maintain UI tests, monitoring for failures and reporting bugs.
- Design and implement test strategies to improve efficiency in manual testing.
- Build and maintain systems to monitor test stability and report stability issues back to engineers
What you will bring:
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with exploratory and manual testing, especially with UI.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium and Cypress.
- Basic understanding of privacy and security.
- Experience working with continuous integration.
- An organized work ethic.
- A humble attitude and persistence to learn and to Get Stuff Done Right.
What else would be great:
- Experience with agile project management and frequent releases.
- Experience in building QA dashboard.
- Familiar with API testing tools such as Postman.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment.
- Experience with participating in or planning Chaos Engineering game days.
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and a product that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded events: dietary & allergy conscious catered lunches, book clubs, happy hours, committees and much more.
- Benefits. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including unlimited PTO, 401(K), mental health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, and generous parental leave policies.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements and daily meditation, well-stocked kitchens, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
- A Great Place to Work. Literally. According to the 99% of employees surveyed, Flashpoint earned designation as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company for 2021. 100% of employees agree that new hires are made to feel welcome and appreciated. If you are interested in learning more, please check out our Certified Profile.
OUR MISSION Deliver Business Risk Intelligence to empower business units and functions across organizations with a decision advantage over potential threats and adversaries. The company’s sophisticated technology and human-powered analysis enable enterprises and public sector organizations globally to bolster cybersecurity, confront fraud, detect insider threats, enhance physical security, assess M&A opportunities, and address vendor risk and supply chain integrity.
Want to learn more about Flashpoint? Visit Flashpoint's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one