Trusted by governments and the Fortune 500, Flashpoint helps organizations protect their most critical assets from security risks like ransomware, fraud, and physical threats. Leading cyber threat intelligence (CTI), fraud, and security teams rely on Flashpoint's intelligence platform to rapidly mitigate risk and stay ahead of an ever-evolving threat landscape. To learn more about Flashpoint and our award-winning customer success, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
What we are looking for:
For this role, we specifically want software engineers who are interested in bridging the gap between building modular, efficient systems, primarily within cloud-based environments, and working directly with our analysts to collect relevant information from publicly available internet sources. We want candidates who live and breathe both online culture and software development culture.
Below is more about the role we have in mind.
What you will do:
- Nurture, refactor, and expand our systems to handle new, varied data models, while maintaining sensible code abstractions and improving the efficiency of our operations
- Work with analysts to identify important trends from the threat landscape and to explore them
- Evaluate the fluidity, priority, and trends in internet technologies and protocols, and understand their data models well enough to intuit what their value is
- Drive down total time taken for processing (code optimization and refactoring), deployment (smoother CI/CD pipelines), and other SLAs (delivery to clients via our infrastructure)
- Improve our tooling for monitoring the health and efficiency of our systems
- Write empathetic documentation and runbooks to enable your team to be force multipliers for each other
- Help bring in new technologies and develop innovative approaches to the data challenges we face
- Apply your honesty, strong sense of morals and ethics, and sense of responsibility towards making Flashpoint and those around you smarter, stronger, and kinder
What you will bring:
- 2 to 4 years experience contributing to production systems or other relevant experience
- Proficiency in Python
- Enjoyment for working in a close-knit, highly -communicative and -collaborative team
- A keen interest in scraping tools and technologies
- Experience using headless browsers, Selenium, or the requests and BeautifulSoup Python packages
- An organized work ethic
- Comfort with online communities, the Deep and Dark Web, and social media
- Comfort with writing defensive code that can handle malformed markup, slow network conditions, and edge cases
- Comfort with non-deterministic input
- A humble attitude and persistence to learn and to Get Stuff Done Right
What else would be great:
- Understanding of Layer 7 and the browser application as it relates to web servers, typically learned through front-end and API experience
- Code samples relating to client interaction with third-party applications
- Experience developing or using security tools, or any type of security-oriented background
- Past training in intelligence analysis
- A passion for staying up-to-date on current events, particularly for reporting about cybersecurity, federal law enforcement cases, national security, gaming community tech, and social networking
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and products and services that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded virtual events: book clubs, happy hours, committees, DIBE discussion group, Donut mixers, local team member meetups and much more.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements, expensed lunches, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
- A Great Place to Work. Literally. According to the 99% of employees surveyed, Flashpoint earned designation as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company for 2021. 100% of employees agree that new hires are made to feel welcome and appreciated. If you are interested in learning more, please check out our Certified Profile.
OUR MISSION Deliver Business Risk Intelligence to empower business units and functions across organizations with a decision advantage over potential threats and adversaries. The company’s sophisticated technology and human-powered analysis enable enterprises and public sector organizations globally to bolster cybersecurity, confront fraud, detect insider threats, enhance physical security, assess M&A opportunities, and address vendor risk and supply chain integrity.
Want to learn more about Flashpoint? Visit Flashpoint's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world