Senior Malware Researcher
Flashpoint, New York, NY, Remote, or Tysons, VA
MAKE MORE INTELLIGENT DECISIONS
Flashpoint delivers actionable intelligence that empowers organizations of all sizes to take rapid, decisive actions to protect against threats. The company's technology, advanced data collections, and human-powered analysis uniquely enable teams to mitigate threats related to cybersecurity, fraud, insider threats, corporate and physical security, executive protection, and third-party risk. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Malware Researcher to join our Intelligence team to identify cyber threats, dissect code, and reverse engineer malware. You will operate semi-autonomously to conduct research and produce concise, written analysis and visual presentation of findings. This person will also work with our clients to provide innovative detection and eradication solutions to reduce risk to client networks and operations. In addition to technical expertise, to be successful in this role we’re looking for passionate self-starters who can quickly understand and deliver on company and customer requirements.
What you will do:
- Examine malicious software to identify new techniques and exploit targets on behalf of client intelligence needs
- Document attack capabilities, understand its propagation characteristics, and define signatures for detection
- Operate semi-autonomously to conduct collection, create solutions and support intelligence production per the standard operating procedures, with minimal guidance from your supervisors
- Analyze malware to determine its attack techniques and targets
- Develop Indicators of compromise to protect client networks
- Engage security community to assist in proactive disruption of malicious infrastructure affecting client operations
- Write high quality tactical and strategic assessments to inform BRI decision making process
What you will bring:
- 5+ years experience conducting dynamic and static analysis of malicious software
- Experience refining source information and raw data into intelligence products
- Strong understanding of common categories of malware and characteristics of each
- Strong familiarity with mitigation strategies such as Suricata, Snort and YARA signatures
- Knowledge of malware packers, obfuscation techniques, and exploit kits
- Deep understanding of operating systems internals and the Windows API
What else would be great:
- Ability to speak foreign languages
- GCIH, GPEN, or equivalent advanced security certification is a plus
- Ability to reverse and write custom malware unpackers
- Ability to oversee and lead malware projects
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and a product that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded events: dietary & allergy conscious catered lunches, book clubs, happy hours, committees and much more.
- Benefits. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including unlimited PTO, 401(K), mental health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, and generous parental leave policies.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements and daily meditation, well-stocked kitchens, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
- A Great Place to Work. Literally. According to the 99% of employees surveyed, Flashpoint earned designation as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company for 2021. 100% of employees agree that new hires are made to feel welcome and appreciated. If you are interested in learning more, please check out our Certified Profile.
OUR MISSION Deliver Business Risk Intelligence to empower business units and functions across organizations with a decision advantage over potential threats and adversaries. The company’s sophisticated technology and human-powered analysis enable enterprises and public sector organizations globally to bolster cybersecurity, confront fraud, detect insider threats, enhance physical security, assess M&A opportunities, and address vendor risk and supply chain integrity.
Want to learn more about Flashpoint? Visit Flashpoint's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Data Analyst/ Scientist, Marketing
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA / Remote friendly (US + Canada Only)