Flatiron School is seeking an Admissions Lead to join our growing team! As an Admissions Lead, you’ll work with prospective students applying to and enrolling in Flatiron School’s in-person classes and oversee overall enrollment success for your classes. You’ll be the primary contact, the face of the school, to our prospective students as they navigate our admissions process and get to know Flatiron.
Here at Flatiron, we craft our classes with care and look for students who share our values.
We select a small group of highly motivated and passionate students for each class from among hundreds of applicants. You will be responsible for building each class, seeking out our values in prospective students and crafting groups of people that will accomplish amazing things together. In this position, you will have the opportunity to contribute meaningfully to the rapid growth of our organization by helping students change their lives through code.
The Admissions Lead will:
- Manage the student application process from application to enrollment for our in-person courses including reviewing applications, scheduling and conducting interviews, and communicating admissions decisions.
- Guide students through onboarding from admission to start date, including assisting with scholarships and financing, answering questions, preparing students for pre-work, and optimizing conversion to enrollment
- Be the expert on Flatiron School’s course offerings; answer any and all questions from prospective students via phone, email, and in-person.
- Track and report all admissions and enrollment data.
- Continue to develop processes and systems to improve the admissions and enrollment process.
- Staff regular admissions-related events, including information sessions and campus tours. Occasional weeknights and weekends required.
- Work cross-functionally with our community management, education, career services, and marketing teams to provide a seamless student experience.
The Admissions Lead is:
- An expert communicator. You are patient, personable, and can communicate with a variety of people from spinal surgeons to stay-at-home parents. You are comfortable addressing large groups of people.
- Extremely organized and can manage time effectively. You know how to create a schedule and how to adapt when things deviate from the schedule.
- A quick thinker who can switch contexts easily.
- A fast learner who can retain a lot of information. You are excited to become an expert on all things related to Flatiron School, and to share it with others.
- Experienced using CRMs and databases (we use Salesforce).
- Data-savvy; able to spot patterns in student data and make recommendations based on it.
- Experienced managing a sales or recruitment funnel and excited to be managed to quantitative goals, including class size targets and applicant-to-enrollment conversion rates.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality.
Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
Human Resources Assistant (Part-Time & Temporary)
Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood
Associate Director, Total Rewards and Talent Operations
Allbirds, Allbirds HQ
VP, Global Human Resources
Flexport, Los Angeles, CA
Front Lines Associate
General Assembly, London
Andela, Kampala, Uganda, Kigali, Rwanda, Lagos, Nigeria, Nairobi, Kenya, New York City, USA, Remote