What We Look for in Teachers:
The goal of any teacher or coach is to drive outcomes. We are looking for people who LOVE TEACHING. We make it a mission to seek out teachers who can infect, infuse and inspire with passion, wisdom, positivity, and humor. They show students how to love what they do, and how to better love who they are.
The Technical Coaching Fellow will:
- Make No Little Plans
- Build for scale by communicating with Lead Instructors on the pace of the class, identify and deploy content for the coming week to meet the predefined learning objectives, create/iterate/review assessments to diagnose student strengths and weaknesses.
- Execute on experimental efforts in curriculum and pedagogical style pursuing our collective unending quest to provide the best experience and most positive outcomes.
- Develop and lead student project sprints throughout the semester.
- Radiate Positivity
- Create a safe and collaborative environment where students understand that helping their peers betters their own experience.
- Find what to love. Leverage passion as a force for motivation by sharing what you are passionate about with your students and working those topics into lesson plans as appropriate.
- Be Scrappy
- Embrace change and thrive in ambiguity by helping students and staff with real time efforts, like debugging a student’s project or assignment, and escalating issues that you need help with in a timely manner.
- Pursue Mastery
- Use feedback from students gathered via class surveys to greatly exceed the minimum bar.
- Integrate feedback from team members on progress of class to set pacing and determine tactical interventions.
- Greatly exceed the minimum bar by guiding students to solutions without immediately providing the answer.
- Alway be a beginner and push yourself to become a better educator by preparing and delivering lab reviews and lectures.
- Work Together
- Collaborate with teammates to address outstanding issues on upcoming curriculum content.
- Provide feedback to team members by conducting weekly 1 on 1s and overcommunicating on a daily basis.
- Empower others to succeed by conducting interviews for instructors and students for future cohorts. Strive to ask questions and provide solutions rather than simply pointing out problems.
- Embrace transparency by using suggestions to begin discussion.
Qualifications for Technical Coaching Fellow:
- Knowledge in Data Science, Data Analytics, R, Python, Etc
- Can work cross-functionally with a variety of people from writers and instructors to engineers and designers
About Flatiron Students:
Every class is a culture. We don’t fill seats – we assemble cultures – bringing together unique individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a collaborative, buzzing, challenging environment thick with inspiration and encouragement.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Sourcer, Software Engineering
Protocol Labs, Remote
Sr. Compensation Analyst
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Senior Technical Recruiter
Bishop Fox, All
User Experience Design Class and Workshop Instructor
General Assembly, Philadelphia
indaHash, Poland, Warsaw
Recruitment and HR Coordinator