Flatiron School is seeking a Director of People Operations to advance a dynamic and purpose-driven employee experience during an exciting time of growth and expansion. The ideal candidate will be a forward-thinking professional who integrates best in class human resources theory with practical experience in creating systems, processes and procedures to support a rapidly scaling team.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of People Operations will act as a trusted advisor to leaders across the organization to ensure seamless design and execution of People initiatives that will support Flatiron’s mission, business objectives and values.
- Develop, operationalize, and deploy people strategy covering: performance management; learning and development; employee engagement; retention
- Create inclusive work environment that nurtures and retains a diverse team
- Act as a trusted advisor, coach, and consultant for leaders and client group to improve leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance
- Nurture a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Function as a strategic advisor to company leadership and managers for all things people related
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Keep abreast of industry knowledge and trends by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining professional networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Be a champion for our people, and act as a point of contact for workplace and career related issues for all Flatiron employees
- Develop relationships with WeWork corporate People team and determine what operations functions should be outsourced to WeWork
- Build and manage an amazing, highly empathetic People Operations team that grows with the organization over time
- Be involved in creating and administering the budget for the [People Department]
- Create compelling and dynamic cultural programs and initiatives that engage, inspire and motivate Flatiron employees of
- Establish in-house management training programs that address company needs across division lines
- Coach, mentor, and partner with leaders and managers at all levels of the organization.
- Manage People Operations Team.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and projects as needed
- Passionate about people
- Strategic business acumen with ability to apply to human capital situations
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Proven experience developing and leading a high performing team
- Strong personal credibility with ability to build trusted relationships with senior business leaders
- 7-10 years of experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related Degree
- HR professional certification(s) preferred
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
Regional Juicer Operations Manager - Paris
LimeBike, Paris, France
Associate Client Support Specialist
Yext, New York, NY
Kitchen Prep Supervisor - Night Shift
Freshly, Savage, MD
Senior Success Consultant - Provo
Site Reliability Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Movement Capacity Building Strategist, Criminal Justice
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City