About the Role
Flatiron School, now part of the WeWork family, is currently seeking an Associate Manager, Public Relations to join our Communications team. This full-time position will be based in New York, NY, and will report to the Director of Communications.
This position will offer the right candidate a unique opportunity join one of the nation’s leading coding schools at a time when the Communications team is growing in size and scope. Supporting the team in building and executing communications plans, the role will include writing, research, and media relations. The position will also contribute to other initiatives, including senior-level staffing and advice, crisis and issues communications, strategic planning, and message development. The successful candidate will be an excellent writer, and highly organized, with strong time management skills.
Flatiron School is a fast paced environment, and flexibility and ability to meet tight deadlines with good grace and humor are key to success.
- Help manage and implement our communications plans, keeping Flatiron School and our executives top of mind with key local and national media outlets
- Leverage existing and build new relationships with national and local reporters
- Work closely with campus directors and community marketing managers to identify local stories to drive a steady drumbeat of coverage in local markets
- Speak with current students and graduates to use as spokespeople for media opportunities and maintain a database of student/instructor/alumni story assets
- Write, edit, and proofread materials, including press releases, pitch letters, fact sheets, and other materials needed to support company news and/or other external communications
- Act as team’s researchers and primary support - maintain press lists and coverage database, and research and assess media and speaking opportunities
- Prepare daily and monthly news collection and summarization for internal audiences
- 2-3 years experience in communications or public relations, in-house or at an agency, preferably with experience in tech
- A strong self-starter who is eager to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- You must be analytical and have a keen ability to build stories out of data
- You must have experience using PR measurement tools/analytics
- Experience working for a fast moving company/client is a plus
- Experience managing an external agency partners is a plus
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Marketing Campaigns Associate
Deliveroo, Al Barsha, Dubai
Wealthfront, Palo Alto, CA
Email Marketing Manager
Man Crates, San Mateo, CA USA
Public Relations Manager
Convoy, Seattle, Washington
Partnerships Manager, APAC
Demand Generation Marketing Manager
GitHub, Remote - US