About the Role
Community Leads are integral to the admissions process, student experience, and operational excellence of our Flatiron School campuses.
- Alongside other Community Leads, you will support the Campus Director to enable our students to create their career.
- In this role, your primary focus will be Student and Alumni Experience. You will be measured on your ability to build a positive student community and cultivate a strong alumni network in line with weekly and monthly targets through events, local marketing initiatives, and partnerships, supported by the Campus Director and the Director of Student Experience.
- Produce events that drive a positive student community
- Ensure all stakeholders are looped into student and alumni events happening on campus
- Be the student ombudsperson. Advocate for the emotional and physical requests of our students
- Be the point of contact for student concerns. This is both for feedback as well as using your emotional intelligence to show students how to be successful during the program
- Administer and analyze feedback surveys. You will work with the Senior Program Manager to use that information to learn how the program can improve
- Cultivate and lead the local alumni network to develop brand ambassadors and identify career opportunities for current and future alumni
- Keep track of student and alumni rosters, calendars, communication lists and more
- Support the Campus Director in making strategic decisions regarding the operational performance of the campus
- Support the development and management of team members, including Technical Coaching Fellows
Experience & Requirements
- 2+ years experience working with students, engaging a technical audience, or building alumni communities
- Fluent local language and understanding of local culture required
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask projects through from start to finish
- Ability to run evening events twice per week
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at Flatiron School through execution and getting things done.
- You get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at Flatiron School. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve “We”.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
APAC HR Coordinator
Chief of Staff
Bellhops, Atlanta, GA
Learning Experience Designer
Digital Training Manager
Indivisible, Washington, DC
Product & Design Recruiter
Flexport, San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA or Chicago, IL or Remote
Head of Growth
Triplebyte, San Francisco