About the Role
Community Leads are integral to the admissions process, student experience, and operational excellence of our Flatiron School campuses.
- Alongside other Community Leads, you will support the Campus Director to enable our students to create their career.
- In this role, your primary focus will be Marketing and Hospitality. You will be measured on your ability to generate and maintain a strong prospective student pipeline in line with weekly and monthly targets through events, local marketing initiatives, and partnerships, supported by the Campus Director and the Director of Partnerships & Experiential Marketing.
Marketing and Hospitality:
- Plan and operationalize events for prospective students that articulate Flatiron School’s value proposition and mission
- Coordinate pre and post-event communications and logistics, including invitations, confirmations, and thank you emails
- Source acquisition and brand focused partnership opportunities amongst existing local organizations, companies, and Meetups
- Drive localized marketing efforts to generate on-the-ground excitement about our product offerings
- Identify the needs of prospective students and recommend tailored solutions responsive to the market needs
- Develop and implement lead generation and conversion strategies to maintain a strong prospective student pipeline in collaboration with the Campus Director
- Connect with local organizations and attend networking events to promote Flatiron School’s programs and identify potential students
- Train other campus staff to give effective tours and sales pitches for those occasions when you are unavailable to tour or run an event
- Prepare daily and weekly overviews of prospective students for rest of Campus Team; share this information during Daily Stand Up and weekly Experiential Marketing calls
- Recommend best practices to your Campus Director and the Director of Partnerships & Experiential Marketing for the benefit of the broader company related to prospective student experience, admissions, hospitality, operations, and events
Experience & Requirements
- 2+ years experience in experiential marketing or sales, ideally in education or a direct to consumer industry
- Fluent local language and understanding of local culture required
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask projects through from start to finish
- Ability to run evening events twice per week
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at Flatiron School through execution and getting things done.
- You get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at Flatiron School. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve “We”.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.