About the Role
Community Leads are integral to the admissions process, student experience, and operational excellence of our Flatiron School campuses.
- Alongside other Community Leads, you will support the Campus Director to enable our students to create their career.
- In this role, your primary focus will be Marketing and Hospitality. You will be measured on your ability to generate and maintain a strong prospective student pipeline in line with weekly and monthly targets through events, local marketing initiatives, and partnerships, supported by the Campus Director and the Director of Partnerships & Experiential Marketing.
Marketing and Hospitality:
- Plan and operationalize events for prospective students that articulate Flatiron School’s value proposition and mission
- Coordinate pre and post-event communications and logistics, including invitations, confirmations, and thank you emails
- Source acquisition and brand focused partnership opportunities amongst existing local organizations, companies, and Meetups
- Drive localized marketing efforts to generate on-the-ground excitement about our product offerings
- Identify the needs of prospective students and recommend tailored solutions responsive to the market needs
- Develop and implement lead generation and conversion strategies to maintain a strong prospective student pipeline in collaboration with the Campus Director
- Connect with local organizations and attend networking events to promote Flatiron School’s programs and identify potential students
- Train other campus staff to give effective tours and sales pitches for those occasions when you are unavailable to tour or run an event
- Prepare daily and weekly overviews of prospective students for rest of Campus Team; share this information during Daily Stand Up and weekly Experiential Marketing calls
- Recommend best practices to your Campus Director and the Director of Partnerships & Experiential Marketing for the benefit of the broader company related to prospective student experience, admissions, hospitality, operations, and events
Experience & Requirements
- 2+ years experience in experiential marketing or sales, ideally in education or a direct to consumer industry
- Fluent local language and understanding of local culture required
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask projects through from start to finish
- Ability to run evening events twice per week
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at Flatiron School through execution and getting things done.
- You get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at Flatiron School. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve “We”.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Events Manager
Reddit, San Francisco
Getaround, Boston, MA
Director of Content Marketing
Flatiron School, New York, NY
Community Ambassador - Greenville, SC
Yelp, Greenville, SC
Search Marketing Manager
Animoto, New York, New York
Federal Field Marketing Specialist
Rubrik, District of Columbia - Remote