Flatiron School is looking for a Director of Content to support our rapid growth and expansion now as part of WeWork. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build and lead our content marketing team, develop our content marketing strategy, and drive execution. Through your work, you’ll help the world discover Flatiron School and change their careers, lives, and the world through our highly effective educational experience.
As the Director of Content marketing, you’ll drive how our content serves to bring our brand to life, drive student acquisition, and develop thought leadership for the company. You’ll own owned channels like our website content and experience, blog, and social channels as well as seek out new opportunities and channels for content created and distribution. The ideal candidate is seasoned leader and exceptional writer with experiences across a variety of content platforms who is eager to both develop strategy and tactically execute as we build this team.
- Develop and drive content marketing KPIs including traffic growth, search rankings, website conversion, lead generation, enrollments sourced from content, brand engagement, and content production.
- Own the Flatiron School website: from the content to UX/UI to the back-end solution that powers it. Manage a website roadmap to help us build for scale and to meet the growing needs of the business.
- Develop and manage a multi-platform editorial and content calendar, incorporating important Flatiron moments, thought leadership, seasonality, and support of marketing campaigns globally.
- Content Development: create content for Flatiron’s blog,, Quora, Medium, social accounts, paid media partnerships, email, and as needed for other marketing channels.
- Content Distribution: identify outside sites, communities, etc. to engage our target students with content partnerships and integrations.
- Full Funnel Content Strategy: from lead generation to sales enablement, create a content strategy that supports the whole marketing and sales lifecycle.
- Thought Leadership: work with Flatiron School executives and our PR & Comms team to publish thought leadership content that elevates our brand and our spokespeople.
- Social Media: Oversee our social media strategy across all relevant channels.
- 10+ years industry experience, with startup/high growth and tech sector experience preferred.
- Experience building and motivating teams to drive high performance
- UX/ UI expertise a plus.
- Experience managing content marketing strategy and execution, from development to measurement and iteration.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and an ability to embrace the Flatiron School voice and tone and drive it through the team across mediums.
- Experience across a broad range of content mediums, from short form social, to op-eds, to video content.
- Data driven thinking
- Experience with brand marketing as well as performance marketing.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality.
Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
Red Ventures, Detroit, MI
I Want to Tell You About Me
Brown Bag Marketing, Atlanta
Fullscreen, Playa Vista, CA
Product Marketing Leader - Brand Experience
Qualtrics, Provo, Seattle
Broker Partner Manager
Knotel, Knotel BERLIN
Senior Brand Copywriter and Strategist