The Flatiron School is seeking a Part-Time Educational Coach to join our rapidly growing team!
At Flatiron School, we're changing education. For more than five years, we've been teaching amazing people how to code, and helping them find jobs. We give incredible people the tools to do what they love for a living, and match companies with hires who will do amazing work, take great pride in their craft, and view their work as a chance to grow more.
Learning to code can be hard. The Educational Coach will be an integral part of the student experience and helps support students in achieving their goals and becoming thoughtful, well-rounded developers.
In this role, your primary focus will be coaching students one-on-one to set clear goals and provide guidance throughout their learning process, while both challenging and motivating them along the way.
The Educational Coach will:
- Conduct one-on-one coaching sessions and check-in calls with students to help motivate, hold them accountable, and coach them through obstacles to ensure their success throughout the program
- Build rapport with students that allows for you to give direct and actionable feedback (both verbally and in writing)
- Model effective learning and time management skills like scheduling, honoring commitments, and self motivation
- Manage a large roster of active students and maintain communication at a regular cadence. Identify when an escalation or intervention may be necessary. Be available to support, counsel and advise students who have sudden needs and extenuating circumstances.
- Work with students to help them leverage instructional resources and integrate into the larger community. Set expectations around their time in the course and answer questions about program requirements
- Support students in holding themselves accountable to their commitments in order to achieve short and longer-term learning goals
A successful Educational Coach is/has:
- A contagious positive attitude, and is a natural motivator
- A skilled listener with experience in the art of asking effective questions
- ~8 years of work experience, which may include a background in social work, cognitive-behavioral therapy,, or another field that has helped build the skills required to help adults facing difficult challenges to succeed (E.g. Personal Trainer, Career or Life Coach, Dietician, Teacher)
- The ability to build trust and connection quickly, and has an intrinsic empathy for the student experience
- Comfortable with ambiguity and has demonstrated good judgment around when to make a decision and when to escalate or ask for help
- Not currently working in a full-time position (35+ hours per week) elsewhere and are looking specifically for part-time/freelance work (~15-25 hours/week)
Why work at Flatiron School?
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people web development. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality.
Make yourself useful. Work at Flatiron School.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Service Specialist
Convoy, Seattle, Washington
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
8th Grade Math and Science Teacher (2018-2019)
Alpha Public Schools, Alpha: Blanca Alvarado Middle School, Alpha: Jose Hernandez Middle School, Alpha: Cornerstone
Software Engineer Intern, Super Network
Twilio, Tallinn, Estonia
Technical Sourcer (Contract)
Twitch, Seattle, WA
General Assembly, New York