At Flatiron School, we’re helping people get a chance to change their career, enabling them to pursue a better life through education. We’re building Learn.co, an online platform for teaching and learning technical skills like coding and data science. Everyone's passionate about technology and education here, and we're designing and building tools that will shape the future of education for the better.
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to help fully realize digital learning products to support the School's mission. You should have a strong design philosophy, prize simplicity and be able to handle a variety of projects across multiple platforms. You'll be joining a lean product and design team where your work will have a big impact on the product.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone that wants to be involved in education and technology and is passionate about building tools for education.
What you’ll do
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating insights into ideas that form a meaningful and delightful user experience
- Build user flows, wireframes and prototypes that bring to life ambitious plans and generate productive discussion
- Collaborate with product managers and cross-functional teams, as well as with our students, to craft, iterate on and communicate designs
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers and engineers in order to continually raise our bar for design quality
- Push and evolve our design process and be an advocate for design thinking
- Be scrappy and help test software as it is built
What we’re looking for
- You have experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have already helped ship products.
- You're passionate about the prospect of working on a team with other designers, sharing feedback and teaching each other
- You're self-directed and are comfortable embracing ambiguity – you love being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means failing or asking for help.
- You have strong communication skills, precise attention to details and ability to articulate ideas
- You know when to apply, manage, and adapt design fidelity to the project you are on
- You have mastered Sketch and know your way through other design tools (Zeplin, Principle, Invision, Atomic), as well as like exploring new tools
- Your portfolio showcases your recent work highlighting your responsibilities, iterations of wireframes and prototypes, and impeccable UI design.
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of individuals trying to align education with reality. Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and crafted technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. We look forward to working together with WeWork in expanding our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
We are an inclusive workplace which celebrates diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Benefits at Flatiron School
- World-class insurance (health, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- Discounts on gym memberships, travel, hotels, cell phone plans, and more lifestyle perks
- Retirement savings plans
- Flatiron-specific company events, in addition to events and retreats as part of the WeWork family
- Participation in our equity incentive plan
- Commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Unlimited sick days
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.