The Flatiron School is seeking a Community Lead to join our rapidly growing team!
Student and alumni engagement are an integral part of Flatiron’s success as a programming school. While Flatiron School is an incredibly challenging experience, the student community is what aids students in overcoming the challenges ahead of them. This job of the Community Lead is to ensure the student community represents our company values and is inclusive of all people. This is a great position for somebody passionate about community building, education, and technology to have a major impact on our growing business.
This is a very collaborative, cross-functional role. You'll be working with our instructional team to establish a strong community of students on campus. That said, you will also be required to work on projects independently and run with more limited direction towards achieving your goals. You are super excited to get up in front of a crowd, and love the idea of representing Flatiron School. Finally, you are comfortable helping students through moments of stress and low energy.
The Community Lead will:
- Be the organizational brain of the campus. Keep track of rosters, calendars, communication lists and more
- Ensure all stakeholders are looped into events happening on campus
- Produce events that drive a positive student community
- Be the student ombudsperson. Advocate for the emotional and physical requests of our students
- Be the point of contact for student concerns. This is both for feedback about the program as well as using your emotional intelligence to show students how to be successful during school
- Administer and analyze feedback surveys. You will work with the Senior Program Manager to use that information to learn how the educational team can grow.
More about you:
- You are super energetic, friendly, and openly optimistic
- You are resilient and relish the opportunity to tackle whatever challenges come your way
- You love people - and want to be surrounded by them all the time!
- You have a high EQ and don’t shy away from giving tough feedback.
- You have a passion for community organizing, education, and technology
- You have some experience managing and executing small- and/or large- scale events
- You are scrappy, detail oriented, and you are known for your flawless organizational skills
- If you have experience working with students, engaging a technical audience, and/or building alumni communities, that's a plus!
Benefits at Flatiron School
- World-class insurance (health, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- Discounts on gym memberships, travel, hotels, cell phone plans, and more lifestyle perks
- Generous retirement savings plans
- Flatiron-specific company events, as well as events and retreats as part of the WeWork family
- Participation in our equity incentive plan
- Commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Unlimited sick days
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lightspeed, Montreal, QC
Gateway to Greatness Apprenticeship
The Marketing Arm, Los Angeles
LimeBike, San Mateo, CA
Display Marketing Executive
Marketing Manager (Lead Nurturing)
Decibel Insight, London
Senior Manager, Marketing Operations