The Flatiron School is seeking a Director of Analytics to help support our growing organization.
Data-driven analysis is an integral part of Flatiron’s ability to successfully grow and maintain our student outcomes. The Director of Analytics will be responsible for building our analytics function and team to serve the entire organization. We are looking for a talented Analytics leader to help with all aspects of insight development, from system design & integration to analysis & reporting. Reporting to the COO but working closely with key stakeholders across the organization, this role will work cross-functionally to develop an analytical framework that helps us understand how to optimize and scale every part of our business from acquisition, admissions, education, product, curriculum and career services - ultimately to maintain our exceptional outcomes for students as we grow.
The ideal candidate will be deeply inquisitive, ask powerful questions, use strong quantitative and analytical approaches to surface insights for leaders across our organization. You will be a truth seeker and possess a thirst to explain business and student behavior with data. This will enable you to perform in-depth analyses as well communicate simply to a diverse audience. You will become our trusted expert and advisor on interpreting data and what actions to take based on it. And you know that data insights alone are not enough - you will be able to create a compelling narrative and action plan in collaboration with leaders across Flatiron School.
- Set the analytics, data, and intelligence strategy for Flatiron School in partnership with functional leadership.
- Prioritize analytics projects by identifying key opportunities where business and student outcomes can be improved through data-driven decisions.
- Direct the design, development, and implementation of analytics infrastructure and initiatives, ensuring we have an integrated, single source of truth - with necessary accessibility for technical and non-technical users.
- Continually develop and standardize our approach to data through a shared set of definitions, techniques, and analyses that govern interactions with the data. Create a culture of data-driven decision making across all teams.
- Build and manage the team of analysts that perform our core analyses ranging from acquisition performance analysis, to monitoring & evaluation of student outcomes to product performance and lifetime value analysis.
Tell stories with our data by creating compelling presentations and visualizations for internal teams.
A successful Director of Analytics is:
- A data junkie: you love finding the details in facts, statistics, and putting it all together for an actionable plan
- A results oriented, critical thinker who uses logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to complex problems.
- Excited to work in a fast paced environment
- An excellent communicator that can simplify complex (often technical) information to different types of audiences to deliver timely insights and recommendations.
- A a technical master & mentor of SQL, Excel and R or Python.
- 5+ years experience performing advanced analytics using structured and unstructured data.
- 3+ years managing Analysts, Business Intelligence, or Data Scientists.
- Proficient in math, statistics, economics, engineering (or sociology/ psychology with strong statistical background) or a related field
- Strategy consulting background or MBA is a plus
- Embody our values: Be Scrappy, Make No Little Plans, Pursue Mastery, Radiate Positivity, and Work Together
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
Benefits at Flatiron School
- World-class insurance (health, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- Discounts on gym memberships, travel, hotels, cell phone plans, and more lifestyle perks
- Generous retirement savings plans
- Flatiron-specific company events, as well as events and retreats as part of the WeWork family
- Participation in our equity incentive plan
- Commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Unlimited sick days
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Facilitator, Learning & Development
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco
Intent Media, New York City
Insights Product Analysts (PA)
Schibsted, Oslo, Stockholm, Barcelona
.NET Developer - State and Local Government
Catapult Systems, Austin, TX
Product Analytics Manager, Growth
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Branch, San Francisco