The Flatiron School is seeking a Lead QA Engineer to help ensure that the features and functionality shipped by the engineering team meets the highest of quality standards. As a full-fledged member of the engineering team, this role carries with it a wider set of responsibilities than typical QA roles. The candidate will work alongside the engineering and product management teams across multiple applications and feature teams, and will have a facility for context switching and working in an agile paced environment.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and design teams to maintain quality and timeliness.
- Develop automated end-to-end tests to facilitate efficient delivery while ensuring they don’t break over time.
- Lead a small team of QA engineers, responsible for testing strategy, processes, and execution.
- Contribute to implementing structure and processes as our team scales.
- Manually test new product features and describe with great specificity bugs you encounter and rationale for why they require attention.
- Investigate incoming bug reports and work with users to resolve issues.
- Identify trends in bug reports and user issues over time.
- Document bugs in Github and be responsible for their resolution.
- Work with application support and help them troubleshoot production issues and complete deployments.
- Assist users in setting up and debugging dev environments.
- Extensive experience with both manual and automated QA testing frameworks and operations.
- You want ownership over your role.
- You have empathy for developers and have an invested interest in engineering.
- You can jump into the code to fix superficial bugs whenever possible.
- You understand how awesome Git is.
- You have some experience with unit tests like rspec and acceptance tests like cucumber and are interested in learning more.
- You’re willing to help out as needed, regardless of role or title.
- You enjoy and know how to get stuff done in a fast-changing startup environment.
- You exhibit a passion for making great products, delighting users and changing the world.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
Benefits at Flatiron School
- World-class insurance (health, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- Discounts on gym memberships, travel, hotels, cell phone plans, and more lifestyle perks
- Retirement savings plans
- Flatiron-specific company events, as well as events and retreats as part of the WeWork family
- Participation in our equity incentive plan
- Commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Unlimited sick days
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Development Manager
JUMO, Nairobi, Kenya
Sr. Software Engineer, Android
Box, Redwood City, CA
Sr. Backend Engineer
Junior IOS & Android Developer
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey
Full Stack Web Developer
Senior Software Engineer, Product
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Palo Alto