The Flatiron School is seeking a Marketing Design Intern to join our rapidly growing team!
To support our rapidly growing Marketing team, we are seeking a part-time intern (10-15 hours per week) who would be at Flatiron School's campus starting late August, or early September. This person is excited by the intersection of design and tech and is savvy in her/his use of both. This role offers a unique inside view into the educational technology industry. In this position, you will have the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the rapid growth of our organization by helping students literally change their lives.
The Marketing Design Intern will:
- Assist with promotional programs, including marketing campaigns and materials
- Translate messaging concepts into design solutions for email campaigns, social media ads, web pages, etc.
- Support the development, testing, and tracking of concepts
- Iterate on designs based on feedback and data
- Develop, generate, and manage creative for course offering campaigns through social media (i.e. Facebook and Instagram)
A successful Marketing Design Intern is/has:
- A focus on graphic design, typography, illustration, social media, and tech
- Strong design philosophy, solid understanding of color, design theory, and typography
- A creative and resourceful visual thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong desire to learn.
- Keen organizational skills; meets deadline and is detail oriented
- Experienced in designing with Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, and inDesign
- Familiar with style guides
- Someone who embodies our company values: Be Scrappy, Make No Little Plans, Pursue Mastery, Radiate Positivity, and Work Together.
- Knowledge or experience in marketing strategy and writing ad copy a plus
- College students welcome to apply.
Please provide a resume, cover letter (including what design programs you are using and your familiarity level), and portfolio with your application.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School runs technical training in NYC designed to give great people the skills they need to build great things. Our core programs are 12 weeks, full-time, and focused on Web Development and iOS, but we've also done everything from corporate training to teaching high school kids. We've partnered with NYC to provide free training to underrepresented groups in the tech community via the NYC Web Development Fellowship. We bring together incredible people with backgrounds ranging from investment bankers and spinal surgeons to Major League Baseball players, cartoonists and sky-diving instructors, who are passionate about technology. Our graduates are now working at startups like Artsy, Handybook and Venmo, to larger companies like Boeing and The New York Times.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit https://flatironschool.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Interaction Designer
IDEO, New York, NY
Wish, San Francisco, United States
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Facilities Operations + Design Coordinator
Assistant Technical Designer
Bonobos, New York, NY