The Flatiron School is seeking a Senior Business Development Associate to join our rapidly growing Student Success team!
At Flatiron School, we teach software engineering skills to passionate, curious people, and help them kick off careers in technology. Our Student Success team is responsible for ensuring our graduates can navigate the job market successfully; as part of that team, our Business Development function creates, maintains, and deepens relationships with hundreds of employers across the country, giving them access to the best-fit graduates for their teams — in the right places, and at the right times.
The Senior Business Development Associate will be responsible for building and executing hiring programs with large-enterprise partners.
The Senior Business Development Associate will:
- Build new relationships for the School and deepen existing partnerships with employers, to understand and execute the ways in which we can best serve this market segment's hiring needs.
- Understand and communicate Flatiron School's graduates, program and value to CTOs, VPs of Engineering, and heads of HR & Recruiting
- Run a consultative sales process wherein you learn about a potential partner's hiring needs and pain points, and build and execute programs to address them.
- Place graduates into jobs. Utilize all of the above to match students with good-fit jobs, and facilitate job offers and offer acceptances.
- Be agile and iterative in your approach to our employer partners, identifying within and across teams how to make our graduates most successful.
- Get to know the people in our community, especially our graduates and partners.
- Balance long-view thinking with short- and medium-term success metrics
A successful Business Development Associate has/is:
- Work experience. You've worked for 6+ years in a similar or applicable position; you know how to structure a job based on goals, are comfortable being held accountable to quantifiable metrics, and can independently prioritize your own work given clear but high-level objectives.
- Sales experience. You've sold successfully before, and enjoyed it.
- Tenaciousness. You meet the goals you set for yourself - in fact, you keep finding new ways to blow them out of the water.
- Technical understanding. You've seen code and want to learn more. You're comfortable speaking to technical people.
- Data orientation. You like to analyze what works and what doesn't, and you take action based upon data.
- Flexibility. You believe that "We've always done it this way" is the most dangerous phrase in the English language.
- Embody our company values: Be Scrappy, Make No Little Plans, Pursue Mastery, Radiate Positivity, and Work Together.
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
Benefits at Flatiron School
- World-class insurance (health, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- Discounts on gym memberships, travel, hotels, cell phone plans, and more lifestyle perks
- Flatiron-specific company events, as well as events and retreats as part of the WeWork family
- Participation in our equity incentive plan
- Commuter benefits, FSA, and retirement savings options
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Unlimited sick days
Please include a cover note indicating why you're interested in this role.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
sweetgreen, Georgetown/Glover Park, Washington DC
Head of Rider Support, Operations
Manager, Client Success Team
Yotpo, New York
Customer Support - General Applications KSA
noon.com, Riyadh, KSA
Sales Ambassador - Sherman Oaks
Lush Cosmetics, Sherman Oaks, California, United States
Sales Ambassador - Providence Place
Lush Cosmetics, Providence, RI, USA