The Flatiron School is seeking a part-time Student Support Specialist to join our rapidly growing Student Support team!
We are seeking someone who can support and solve technical and non-technical obstacles that students encounter while using our online programs. In this position, you will have the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the rapid growth of our organization by helping students literally change their lives by learning a sought after skill and improving our online platform, Learn.co, in the process.
The Student Support Specialist will:
- Communicate constantly, energetically, and warmly with students
- Listen to student questions and challenges using our programs including the Learn.co platform and making sure their concerns are addressed in a timely fashion
- Respond quickly to support requests via email from students and initiate screen shares to troubleshoot more complex technical problems
- Recommend solutions for student technical and non-technicall issues, triage issues to be addressed by the Engineering Team, and address other concerns based on our current products and policies
- Escalate issues that may impact students on a broader scale
- Coordinate all follow-up to ensure that student roadblocks are resolved in a timely fashion
- Understand and communicate issue resolutions to students
- Contribute to Help Center improvements by identifying content gaps and participating in the creation and upkeep of content
A successful Technical Support Specialist is:
- Someone who has desire to work in customer service and technical support
- Someone who enjoys problem solving across Mac, Linux, and Windows platforms
- Someone who seeks solutions to student concerns, whether they solve a technical issue themselves or route students to a relevant Flatiron team.
- Someone with empathy, who can listen and communicate with a wide range of people
- Someone with tenacity and flexibility who can work between numerous systems and drive issues to resolution
- Someone with excellent written communication and organizational skills
- Someone versatile and flexible that thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Someone who embodies our company values: Be Scrappy, Make No Little Plans, Pursue Mastery, Radiate Positivity, and Work Together
- Someone with 20 hours per week to dedicate to Student Support
- Someone with a working knowledge of GitHub and an interest in developing aptitude in Mac, Linux, and Windows environments a plus.
Please include a cover note indicating why you're interested in this position.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
Human Resources Analyst
Customer Experience Operations Agent - DC
Wheelhouse, Washington D.C.
8th Grade Math and Science Teacher (2018-2019)
Alpha Public Schools, Alpha: Blanca Alvarado Middle School, Alpha: Jose Hernandez Middle School, Alpha: Cornerstone
HR Business Partner
Taboola, New York
Sila Nanotechnologies, Alameda, CA
Assistant Principal, Elementary (2018-2019)
Alpha Public Schools, Alpha Public Schools