The Flatiron School is seeking a Senior Curriculum Writer to join our rapidly growing team!
Building digital learning products is essential to support our mission of aligning education with reality. The Senior Web Development Curriculum Writer will collaborate with junior curriculum writers on the creation, maintenance and constant updating for our open source Full Stack Web Development curriculum. This curriculum is used both for our in person and online offerings.
The Curriculum Writer will:
- Contribute to a strategic roadmap and calendar for curriculum development
- Support the process and standards for how curriculum is developed at Flatiron School
- Collaborate with the product and engineering team to ensure that the user experience of our digital learning products matches our best-in-class educational content
- Work with Junior curriculum writers to ensure high-quality curriculum and technical accuracy.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior curriculum writers to help them grow technically.
- Listen and prioritize feedback from students, instructors, and community members.
A successful Senior Curriculum Writer:
- You are consumed by your love of code and want to be writing all day long
- Incomparable writing skills
- Already contributes to the technical community - perhaps you maintain a technical blog or an open-source project, or you speak at conferences
- Has been a profressional developer for at least 2 years
- Can work cross-functionally with a variety of people from writers and instructors to engineers and designers
ABOUT Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
Some BENEFITS of working at The Flatiron School:
- World-class insurance (health, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- Discounts on gym memberships, travel, hotels, cell phone plans, and more lifestyle perks
- Generous retirement savings plans
- Flatiron-specific company events, as well as events and retreats as part of the WeWork family
- Participation in an equity incentive plan
- Commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Unlimited sick days
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.