The Flatiron School is looking for developers to help build out our digital learning platform. We are looking for candidates who believe that the modern secondary education system is broken and want to be in the vanguard of change. You should be a generalist and enjoy working across the software stack.
- Build features for our Learning Management System.
- Design and architect systems with an eye toward future scalability.
- Apply pragmatic testing principles in our continuous integration deployment process.
- Review code of your peers to learn from each other and catch issues early.
- Stay on top of latest developments in the Rails community and integrate them into the existing code.
- You have considerable programming experience in any language (though we use Ruby/Rails).You have experience with Git-based team workflow and deployment.
- You are cross functional. You are comfortable with both server-side and client-side work.
- You have experience configuring and maintaining Linux servers for hosting web applications.
- You enjoy sharing knowledge and find mentorship a rewarding part of your role as an experienced developer.
- You want ownership over what you produce.
- You’re willing to help out as needed, regardless of role or title.
- You enjoy and know how to get stuff done in a fast-changing startup environment.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
Benefits at Flatiron School
- World-class insurance (health, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- Discounts on gym memberships, travel, hotels, cell phone plans, and more lifestyle perks
- Generous retirement savings plans
- Flatiron-specific company events, as well as events and retreats as part of the WeWork family
- Participation in our equity incentive plan
- Commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Unlimited sick days
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Data Storage
Fitbit, US - Boston, US - San Francisco
Software Engineer, Ads Infrastructure
Pinterest, San Francisco
Technical Writer / Game Development
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Werkstudent Front-end (Service) Development
Senior Web Developer
Intrepid Pursuits, Boston, MA
IT Operations Engineer, Audio/Video Conferencing
MuleSoft, San Francisco