The Flatiron School is seeking a Senior Web Development Instructor to join our growing team.
What We Look for in Teachers:
The goal of any instructor is to drive outcomes. We are looking for people that LOVE TEACHING. We make it a mission to seek out teachers who can infect, infuse and inspire with passion, wisdom, positivity, and humor. They show students how to love what they do, and how to better love who they are.
The Senior Web Development Instructor will:
- Make No Little Plans
- Build for scale by communicating with lead on pace, identify and deploy content for the coming week to meet the predefined learning objectives, create/iterate/review quizzes and assessments to diagnose student strengths and weaknesses.
- Execute on experimental efforts in curriculum and pedagogical style pursuing our collective unending quest to provide the best experience and most positive outcomes.
- Develop and lead student project sprints throughout the semester.
- Radiate Positivity
- Create a safe and collaborative environment where students understand that helping their peers betters their own experience.
- Find what to love. Leverage passion as a force for motivation by sharing what you are passionate about with your students and working those topics into lesson plans as appropriate.
- Be Scrappy
- Embrace change and thrive in ambiguity by helping students and staff with real time efforts, like debugging a student’s project or assignment, and escalating issues that you need help with in a timely manner.
- Pursue Mastery
- Use feedback from students gathered via class surveys to greatly exceed the minimum bar.
- Integrate feedback from team members on progress of class to set pacing and determine tactical interventions.
- Greatly exceed the minimum bar by guiding students to solutions without immediately providing the answer.
- Alway be a beginner and push yourself to become a better educator by preparing and delivering lab reviews and lectures.
- Work Together
- Collaborate with teammates to address outstanding issues on upcoming curriculum content.
- Provide feedback to team members by conducting weekly 1 on 1s and overcommunciating on a daily basis.
- Empower others to succeed by conducting interviews for instructors and students for future cohorts.
- Strive to ask questions and provide solutions rather than simply pointing out problems.
- Embrace transparency by using suggestions to begin discussion.
Qualifications for Senior Web Development Instructor:
A senior must qualify for EITHER of the following two requirements:
- Prior experience teaching code to a class of students.
About Flatiron Students:
Every class is a culture. We don’t fill seats – we assemble cultures – bringing together unique individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a collaborative, buzzing, challenging environment thick with inspiration and encouragement.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School runs technical training in NYC designed to give great people the skills they need to build great things. Our core programs are 12 weeks, full-time, and focused on Web Development and iOS, but we've also done everything from corporate training to teaching high school kids. We've partnered with NYC to provide free training to underrepresented groups in the tech community via the NYC Web Development Fellowship. We bring together incredible people with backgrounds ranging from investment bankers and spinal surgeons to Major League Baseball players, cartoonists and sky-diving instructors, who are passionate about technology. Our graduates are now working at startups like Artsy, Handybook and Venmo, to larger companies like Boeing and The New York Times.
Read about us in the PRESS
On AVC by Fred Wilson - Finding ROI in Higher Education
On Bloomberg News - Coding: Preparing Students for the New Economy
- We provide a fully funded health, dental and vision plan for employees (nothing comes out of your paycheck)
- Open and flexible time off policy
- Everyone gets to own a piece of the company through equity
- Free gym membership
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.