The Flatiron School is looking for an Accounts Receivable Associate !
Your role will be to provide billing and collections support to our prospective and current students for our in-person and online programs. You will also work with the Finance Team on the daily operations of the accounts receivable function as it relates to billing and collections. You are somebody who has strong communication and quantitative skills, has passion for education and technology and is excited about thriving in a startup environment, which is fast-paced and often involves wearing multiple hats. In this position, you will have the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the rapid growth of our organization by helping students change their lives through transformative education.
Accounts Receivable Associate will focus on billing and collections for students:
- Communicate with prospective students about billing, payment options, scholarships and payments terms of service
- Send invoices and track student payments
- Work with third party lending partners on administration to ensure students have the information required to access third party capital to finance their tuition
- Ensure administration of timely tuition payments, scholarships and refunds
- Administrative and operational duties as needed
A successful Accounts Receivable Associate will:
- Communicate constantly, energetically, and warmly with students
- Listen to student questions and challenges about billing and payment options
- Respond quickly to support requests via email and phone from students
- Recommend solutions for student payment issues and address concerns based on current policies
- Escalate finance issues that may impact students on a broader scale
- Understand and communicate issue resolutions to students
A successful Accounts Receivable Associate is:
- Someone who has desire to work in collections and customer service
- Someone who seeks solutions to student concerns about billing and collections either themselves or can route students to a relevant Flatiron team
- Someone with empathy, who can listen and communicate with a wide range of people
- Someone with tenacity and flexibility who can work between numerous systems and drive issues to resolution
- Someone with excellent written communication and organizational skills
- Someone versatile and flexible that thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Someone who embodies our company values: Be Scrappy, Make No Little Plans, Pursue Mastery, Radiate Positivity, and Work Together
- At least one year of full-time work experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Square, Stripe and billing software is a plus
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.