Compliance & Licensing Lead
The Flatiron School is seeking a Compliance & Licensing Lead to help support our growing organization.
The Flatiron School is seeking a Compliance & Licensing Lead to manage the end-to-end process for obtaining and maintaining state-by-state education licenses as well as compliance with state requirements. The Compliance & Licensing Lead will work closely with the Flatiron team and internal counsel to process all components of license applications, including identifying licensing requirements, managing document aggregation, communicating with outside counsel and state regulators, and overseeing submission of license applications according to target deadlines to open new locations. The Compliance & Licensing Lead will also oversee ongoing regulatory compliance and annual license renewals including the licensing process for individual teachers and agents of The Flatiron School.
What you will do:
- Complete research, aggregate data/documentation, compile application for all state license applications
- Interface with state licensure boards, outside counsel, and internal stakeholders in order to ensure comprehensive and compliant license applications
- Work with the internal legal team to build and maintain a repository of relevant license related documents
- Keep current with the evolving regulatory landscape and ensure ongoing compliance with all state-by-state regulatory requirements
- Oversee annual renewal of all state licenses
- Work with The Flatiron School teachers and agents to ensure compliance with all individual licensing requirements
- Work with team members throughout other functional areas on compliance related projects
What type of person will succeed in the role?
- Ability to design and lead cross-functional project management initiatives
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and complete multiple projects at once
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work with a diverse and cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- High level of communication and writing abilities
- Experience in a compliance department a plus
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Portfolio & Program Management, Oncology
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Customer Success Associate - Spanish, German or French speaking
Travel Intrapreneur (Millennial Travel)
Ventura TRAVEL, Berlin (or any other location)
Corporate Development Manager
LiveRamp, New York
Sales Advisor (Part-Time), Greenwich Ave.
Warby Parker, Greenwich, CT
Senior Solution Delivery Manager
Qualtrics, Dublin, Ireland