Director of Community Programs
About the position
Flatiron School has taught hundreds of students how to code and placed them into fulfilling careers. We’ve built a vibrant community of coders and made a big impact on each student’s life. We’ve increased the scope of our impact by launching new educational programs, and are continuing to build our community around the country and the world!
To support this growth, we are seeking a Director of Community Programs to help shape the future direction of community programs for our in-person and online communities. In this role, you will manage a team of community managers and implementers by defining and measuring success, launching new experimental programs globally, and activating local communities to increase program engagement and promote retention. You’ll work across functions (Marketing, Product, Education, Student Success) to determine how community initiatives can enhance the student experience and drive commercial viability!
- You are a growth-minded, strategic thinker, who understands the value of network effects
- You are passionate about education and want to be in the vanguard of educational change
- You love data and are committed to helping the business grow through smart monitoring and evaluation
- You are also an implementer and know how to get stuff done
- You are a versatile and flexible team member who can navigate ambiguity, make meaningful connections across teams, and pivot quickly in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You are collaborative and have experience working cross-functionally
- You are empathetic and can listen and communicate with a wide range of people
- You have 5-10 years of experience working in a strategic and people-oriented position
What you will do:
- Develop online programming to nurture connections and community of global student body and local campus sites
- Take stock of all current community initiatives and build a robust business rationale for continuing / discontinuing specific elements of it
- Define success for community initiatives across programs and communicate across the company
- Build up a robust monitoring and evaluation function that allows us to continually evaluate and iterate across in-person and online educational programs
- Activate new markets with community presence in advance of market entry for prospective students.
- Make program recommendations to relevant stakeholders based on findings from monitoring and evaluation and oversee the implementation of select recommendations
- Devise and oversee the implementation of a strategy to activate local communities, from a commercial growth perspective
- Drive forward existing initiatives that serve to engage prospective and current students and promote retention
- Use data to develop and iterate on community initiatives and strategy
- Work across products to bridge both online and in-person communities and programs
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flatiron School? Visit Flatiron School's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Manager, Construction
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Media Product Specialist
Taboola, New York
Finance Manager - Indonesia
Lalamove, Jakarta, Indonesia
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City
Senior Research Services Project Manager
Optometrist (Fill-In), Union Station
Warby Parker, Washington, D.C.