New York, NY
The Flatiron School is seeking a Education Monitoring Analyst to join our rapidly growing team!
Data-driven analysis is an integral part of Flatiron’s ability to successfully grow and maintain our student outcomes. This role will be responsible for rigorous analysis of student progress, teacher performance and student satisfaction. The analyst will work throughout our education organization to develop an analytical framework that helps us understand the current state of each campus. This role will aid on-site staff in diagnosing problems as well as measuring the remedies.
The ideal candidate will be deeply inquisitive, ask powerful questions, use strong quantitative and analytical approaches to surface insights across our organization. You will be a truth seeker and possess a thirst to explain. This will enable you to perform analyses across all of our campuses and facilitate deep conversations about the best way to constantly improve our campuses.
The Education Monitoring Analyst will demonstrate:
- Educational Program Acumen: Being so closely tied to program performance data, you will often spot insights first and usually validate/invalidate them first. This will put you in a unique position to learn from data and operate as a consultant across all education programs, translating observations to shared knowledge and rapid iterations on our approach. Your projects will be aligned with key business goals and questions. You will be able to persuade and influence business leaders on your recommended priorities. You will:
- Understand the key levers of our education programs, define and track KPIs, program priorities and questions we must answer.
- Prioritize projects based on needs across all education programs and their relative impact to the organization.
- Develop insights and narratives to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff, surfacing actionable insights.
- Design & Analysis: At the heart of developing actionable insights for our education business is the ability operate analytically. Your efforts will be led through a quantitative lens with results that need to be interpreted quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Design strategies and methodologies to mine data sources for strategic insights
- Gather, synthesize, and establish key insights and benchmarks on Flatiron School student behavior and platform efficacy through use of internal data - collaborating with our product and education teams.
- Deliver actionable strategic and tactical insights using data and sound analytic methods
- Recognize patterns and make connections across the business
- Reporting: Your desire to produce actionable insights will ensure we have a regular cadence and consistency in our reporting and can answer new questions in a timely fashion.
- Produce monthly/weekly reports with useful insights
- Work with colleagues to ensure best practices with data analysis, maintaining consistency and reliability across reports
- Respond to daily requests from program managers, faculty, teacher training and others as to their data needs.
A successful Education Monitoring Analyst is:
- Scrappy, results oriented, organized, able to handle multiple priorities and concurrent discussions
- Outstanding with prioritization, analytical, quantitative, and follow-up skills
- Collaborative in cross-functional teams and functional with disparate systems
- Excited to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in education is a plus.
- Strategy consulting background or MBA is a plus
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School is a coding bootcamp with online and in-person courses that teach students real developer skills. Start one of Flatiron School’s job-guaranteed courses for Web and iOS Development, Certificate Courses, or Free Courses, and join a community of students passionate about learning to love code.
Go behind the scenes and see how Flatiron School is changing higher education!
Be a Better Flatiron School Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flatiron School when you watch classes taught by their top employees.