Sr. Client Solutions Associate, Italy
Flexport, Milan, Italy
Fixing the user experience in global trade.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
With revenue growing at breakneck speed, we’re looking for a collaborative and resourceful Client Solutions Associate to join our newest office in Milan.
You will form part of our founding team in Italy! You will work closely with an exciting array of clients as we enter this dynamic market.
The Client Solutions Associate will help their clients grow and realise the Flexport value by deeply understanding the client’s supply chain and partnering to find solutions for their clients. Our clients depend on us to manage their experience with high degrees of professionalism and attention to detail. Here are some of the responsibilities for this role:
- Understand and document the client’s success criteria and use it to build clear standard operating procedures (SOP). As the client’s needs evolve, you will refine their success criteria and SOP
- Respond to client escalations, partnering with Supply Chain Operations and partners to solve client issues quickly and ensure smooth operations at origin and destination.
- Build, maintain and grow the relationship with clients, by making sure they are satisfied and are fully engaged with Flexport.
- Keep a close pulse on client financial health, reporting on their financials and ensuring they maintain consistent payment schedules
- Use your deep knowledge of the client to identify, quote, and close new incidental business opportunities
- Ensure shipment metrics consistently meet client expectations
- Develop materials for regular business reviews with minimal guidance and build relationships at all levels of the client’s organisation.
- Drive product adoption with stakeholders to ensure that clients realise the full value with Flexport
- Collaborate with your supply chain operations partners and external stakeholders to ensure the success of the shipment lifecycle
- Continuously look for process improvements and work with the needed stakeholders to implement them
You should have:
- 2-4 years of experience in supply chain operations, sales/account management or a client facing role
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain (preferred)
- Client-centric: obsessed with client outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the client’s expectations, understanding your client’s current and future business goals and challenges and translating those into relevant solutions and strategic account planning
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the client’s needs and learn how Flexport can best meet them
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through the metrics and details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- Strong business acumen
- Proven track record of (cross)selling a product
- Be fully fluent in both Italian and English
- Strong focus on growing your customers through a consultative approach
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport centre stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.