We’re reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
With revenue growing at breakneck speed, we’re looking for a consultative and tenacious Sales Development Representative to join our growing sales team in Amsterdam.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities for Flexport;
- Learn how global trade works from the ground up and build the foundation for your career at Flexport;
- Work with your dedicated Account Executive to identify ongoing strategic targets;
- Demonstrate the value of our offering through phone calls, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums;
- Research your target companies and prepare executive summaries to turn your Sales Executive into a rockstar ahead of their calls;
- Diligently update SalesForce, our CRM, to stay current on leads and follow-ups;
- Shadow your dedicated Account Executive in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills you’ll need for your next role on the Flexport sales team.
What you’ll need:
- Either a Bachelor's degree with 1-2 years of professional work experience in Sales, Business Development, Client Success, Investment Banking, Financial Services, or Consulting.
- OR a Master's degree with a strong academic track record and meaningful internship experience.
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. You should be a great writer, speaker, and listener.
- You show fearlessness - willing to hop on the phone with new people every day and explain Flexport's value proposition as it relates to each individual you speak with.
- You have an obsession with prospect happiness - set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
- You have the courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- You show flexibility - things change around here. FAST.
- You have the intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come.
- You are a master of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- You are fluent in English and German.
Where you'll work:
We’re expanding our European team with a new office in Germany, Europe’s largest import/export market. Join our founding team in Hamburg and help build the culture at Flexport!
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Account Executive, Mid-Market Sales
Jewelry Sales Specialist
1stdibs, New York City - Astor Place
Inside Sales Account Executive
General Assembly, New York, NY, United States
Mid Market Sales Director
Samsara, San Jose
Senior Account Manager (French Speaking)
DICE, London, Greater London UK