Operations Specialist | New Graduate
Flexport, Hong Kong Island, HK
Fixing the user experience in global trade.
Support and delight Flexport's clients
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. Data and information is the foundation upon which Flexport builds its business and transforms the freight industry. Our Operations Team helps Flexport deliver the accuracy and insight that represent value to our clients, while working in a team to learn the business of moving freight.
Our Operations Specialist role is the first step in a career path in our broader Global Operations Team. Our Global Operations Team empowers our clients, partners with asset owners around the world, and manages end-to-end global coordination of shipments to further us on our mission of fixing the user experience in Global Trade.
We’re looking for recent college graduates and students planning on graduating in the Spring/Summer of 2019.
- Be responsible for the quality of data from client and supplier through to Flexport’s Customs team;
- Work with Operations Associates to help move freight for our clients;
- Refine and expand the processes to optimize our data onboarding and delivery.
- Enter commercial product information and dimensions with speed, consistency and accuracy.
- Ensure quality control on international shipment documents;
- Complete special projects to support the team with serving our clients and partners
You should have:
- A 2018 or 2019 BA/BS Degree with a strong academic track record and meaningful internship experience;
- Strong command of English and Mandarin (Cantonese is a plus)
- A selfless mindset willing to work in the nitty gritty of the freight and logistics industry to deliver for our clients.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through;
- The ability to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Class Pass, Sao Paulo
Vice President, Value Capture
Oscar, New York
Project Operations Lead
Lalamove, Bangkok, Thailand
Sales Advisor (Part-Time), Village at Corte Madera
Warby Parker, Corte Madera, CA
Contracts Manager, Named Accounts (Washington DC)
Okta, Washington, District of Columbia
Customer Success Manager
Demandbase, San Francisco, CA