We’re reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We're looking for a remarkably driven Accounts Payable Disputes Manager to help build our disputes process in Atlanta. This role will be a key partner for the finance, accounting, operations and procurement teams to identify, research, and resolve accounts payable claims, disputes, discrepancies, and help these processes scale.
What you'll do:
- You will partner with the accounts payable team to develop the disputes process with Flexport’s external partners: ocean liners, air freight partners, and truckers
- You will manage, train and develop a team of Disputes Associates
- You will establish and document best practices
- You will collaborate with the operations and procurement teams to establish feedback loops
- You will manage direct communication with vendors, including resolution and notification of non-payment
- You will be comfortable analyzing information, thinking through difficult problems, and making critical decisions!
- Other day to day tasks includes: follow-up on disputes; perform research; provide and request documentation; receive and review vendor statements for AP open items and open credits; request/adjust invoices and short pay vendors as appropriate
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 2 years’ experience in Accounts Payable; experience in the logistics or supply chain industry, preferably at a Top Freight Forwarder
- Excellent communication, social, and interpersonal skills;
- Able to develop and share new solutions to old problems
- The dream to lead, train, and develop up and coming industry talent
- The ability to work through multiple spreadsheets and databases
Where you’ll work:
Our Atlanta team is growing in Midtown. We are a close-knit team and take the time to get to know each other. We’re setting down roots, building a book of business, and growing fast!
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.