- You will partner with the accounts payable team to develop the disputes process with Flexport’s external partners: ocean liners, air freight partners, and truckers
- You will manage, train and develop a team of Disputes Associates
- You will establish and document best practices
- You will collaborate with the operations and procurement teams to establish feedback loops
- You will manage direct communication with vendors, including resolution and notification of non-payment
- You will be comfortable analyzing information, thinking through difficult problems, and making critical decisions!
- Other day to day tasks includes: follow-up on disputes; perform research; provide and request documentation; receive and review vendor statements for AP open items and open credits; request/adjust invoices and short pay vendors as appropriate
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 2 years’ experience in Accounts Payable; experience in the logistics or supply chain industry, preferably at a Top Freight Forwarder
- Excellent communication, social, and interpersonal skills;
- Able to develop and share new solutions to old problems
- The dream to lead, train, and develop up and coming industry talent
- The ability to work through multiple spreadsheets and databases
Where you’ll work:
Our Atlanta team is growing in Midtown. We are a close-knit team and take the time to get to know each other. We’re setting down roots, building a book of business, and growing fast!
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Moves, Adds & Changes Specialist
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Director, Client Services
Carrot Creative, Brooklyn, New York
Senior Patent Counsel
Penumbra, Alameda, CA
Account Manager (Media Sales)
Actuarial Manager, Claims
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Operations Manager - Payments
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States