Help Flexport build a network in Europe.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking for a Trade Manager for one of our largest tradelanes, Asia to North Europe. You will be part of our Global Ocean Team, based in either Amsterdam or Hamburg.
- You will lead our procurement efforts on one of the largest global trade lanes, Asia-Europe
- You will develop our partner strategy and relationships along with our global ocean team
- You will stay up-to-date on all market pricing, current conditions and cost competitiveness with focus on Asia-North Europe trade
- You will consult on both short-term and long-term pricing exercises
- You will lead a team managing ocean carrier contracts, rates, and maintenance
You should have:
- You have a BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success
- You have 5+ years of experience at an NVOCC pricing or procurement team or in a supply-chain role
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- You have an obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- You show next-level attention to detail
- You have the courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- You have the intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- You are a master of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Systems Reliability Engineering Manager
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Warby Parker, New York, NY
Customer Experience Associate
Updater, New York, NY
Customer Success Partner Specialist
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Connections (Account Executive): East
Oh My Green, Chicago, IL