Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Our team works cross functionally with our partners in IT Operations Engineering, Security, People Ops, and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport around the world, in over 12 offices in 6 different countries.
Flexport is looking for an experienced IT leader to help grow our support and operations teams around the world. Our team works cross functionally with our partners in IT Operations Engineering, Security, People Ops, and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport around the world, in over 12 offices in 6 different countries.
You will lead our IT End User Support team across North America and EMEA. You will be responsible for defining support best practices, escalation paths, and capabilities in conjunction with IT leadership across the globe. You will lead the team to deliver on support and infrastructure projects, defining OKRs, and building a roadmap that will enable Flexport to grow and scale. You recognize that being a manager means putting the development of your people first, and you will help to grow, mentor, and enable your team to deliver an amazing experience for our customers.
- Build a high performing IT Support team through mentorship, training, and direct feedback.
- Use data to find trends and drive continuous improvement through collaboration with your peers in all areas of IT
- Provide timely resolution to problems and act as final escalation point for the team and customers
- Work with IT leadership to develop a framework for technology training and create a feedback process for both our support team and our customers.
- Lead the team in the development of the support strategy and roadmaps for each of our core IT offerings within Flexport.
- Provide oversight and operational management for critical IT tools including: GSuite, Zoom, Slack, JIRA, and Confluence
- Design, deliver, and support processes and technologies related to: SaaS application management, client platform standards, system performance, patching, inventory management, and configuration compliance.
- Assist in our Global Office Expansion projects, helping to define requirements, participate in planning, and provide resourcing to deliver amazing working locations to our Flexport team
You should have:
- 5-7 years experience in a hands on Enterprise IT environment
- Minimum 4+ years experience in a leadership role within a global IT organization
- 2+ years managing and maintaining budgets
- Proven track record of building a global support organization and managing operations at scale
- Experience managing ticket-based enterprise work-flow systems, particularly JIRA Service Desk and Confluence.
- Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience negotiating with vendors on enterprise-wide deals.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Mac OS 10.12.x, 10.13.x, 10.14.x, iOS and Android
- Advanced knowledge in supporting Windows 10
- Background in network fundamentals and support experience
- Expertise in GSuite support and administration (Gmail, GCal, Groups, GDocs)
- Experience in supporting Video Conference and presentation technology, preferably with Zoom or similar services
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation that includes after hours and weekend support
- Some regional travel may be required to support distributed staff
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.