Customs Brokerage Specialist
Flexport, Los Angeles, CA
People-Driven Service Extended Through Software
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for experienced, driven customs entry writers to join our team here in Los Angeles. This is a great position for hard-working, detail-oriented professionals looking to develop their career in the international trade industry. You'll be working alongside and learning from some of the smartest people in the logistics industry as we challenge the status quo and reduce the friction in global trade.
What you'll do:
- Make US Customs entries under US Customs law for high profile clients
- Digitally prepare and file all documentation required for goods to clear US customs
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all regulations and procedures of the US Customs, FDA, USDA and Other Government Agencies (OGA)
- Review and organize incoming documents to ensure compliance with US Customs and OGA reporting requirements
- Provide necessary documents to other government agencies, including but not limited to FDA, FCC and USDA
What you'll need:
- Familiarity with U.S. Customs product classification and rulings
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Next-level logistical problem-solving skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
- Experience working with a customs brokerage or freight forwarder
- Experience as a Customs Entry Writer
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Getaround, San Francisco
Leiter (m/w) Fertigungssteuerung
Harry’s, Harry's Germany
Customer Success Manager
Everwise, San Francisco
Area Operations/Fulfillment Manager
UncommonGoods, 140 58th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11220
Chariot Driver - Commuter/Enterprise (Full Time and Part Time)
Chariot Transit, San Francisco
Acquisition Project Manager - West Valley
OfferPad, Phoenix, AZ