Flexport is a platform for global trade. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking for a Director of Ocean Freight to join our Global Pricing & Procurement Team. Salivating at the thought of building relationships while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Execute & further develop our Ocean Freight product: operations/trade lane management/procurement strategies/opening new markets/carrier relations and performance management;
- Conduct ocean freight market analysis to analyse opportunities and ensure up-to-date understanding of market developments;
- Create and implement a strategy for business development and operations to develop and maintain profitable Ocean freight operations across all fields (Export, Import and Products);
- Create a business plan to achieve and exceed targets for ocean freight including identification of opportunities for enhancing freight business;
- Lead a regional ocean freight team.
What you’ll need:
- 5 + years of prior Ocean Freight experience at a top freight forwarder or carrier or 5+ years of supply chain consulting experience and a BA/BS Degree;
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Ability to travel locally, nationally and internationally;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up-and-coming industry talent.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Associate Special Collections (m/f) | Mumbai
Kreditech, Mumbai Office
Energy Access Extern
Omidyar Network, Redwood City, CA
Patreon, San Francisco
Senior Financial Analyst
Hypebeast, Hong Kong