Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
To keep up with our growth, we’re looking for a smart, pragmatic Human Resources Business Partner for our growing Amsterdam office to help in building, executing, and scaling exceptional people and culture programs.
What you'll do:
- Partner with our Global People Ops team on key people programs and practices (HR system management, performance management, benefits, promotions, international people ops matters, and etc) across the company;
- Advise and partner with our Amsterdam leaders to help them achieve their business goals through their people;
- Coach managers on matters such as hiring initiatives, talent assessments, team dynamics, performance management and assessing employee development needs. Make recommendations and implement appropriate solutions;
- Develop relationships with leaders and employees across the office to facilitate and promote an environment that attracts and retains diverse talent;
- Demonstrate understanding of business needs and trends to help drive the business forward;
- Be a pivotal lead and be the employee contact for benefits, payroll;
- Assist with employee relations matters;
- Contribute to the Employee Experience and help us champion our Flexport culture.
What you'll need:
- 4+ years prior People Ops and/or Human Resources experience, ideally in a high-growth environment;
- A passion for people. You should be smart, thoughtful, emotionally intelligent, and excited to bring out the best in people;
- Experience should include demonstrated competence in various HR functional areas: coaching, employee relations, compensation, performance management, and program management;
- Has a people centric and "roll up your sleeves and get it done" work style;
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion; maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally at all levels;
- Ability to engage, inspire and influence people;
- Management experience isn't a requirement, but is helpful;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Dutch.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Technical Service, Korea
Pivotal Software, Seoul
Teach at General Assembly
General Assembly, Various
Samsara, San Francisco
Senior Benefits Operations Associate
Justworks, New York, NY
CollegeVine, Anywhere (Telecommute)
eLearning Instructional Design Contractor