We’re reinventing global trade.
Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members. United by one goal, we’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone, regardless of the bottom line, and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
To keep up with our growth, we’re looking for a smart, pragmatic Human Resources Business Partner for our growing Amsterdam office to help in building, executing, and scaling exceptional people and culture programs.
What you'll do:
- Partner with our Global People Ops team on key people programs and practices (HR system management, performance management, benefits, promotions, international people ops matters, and etc) across the company;
- Advise and partner with our Amsterdam and Hamburg leaders to help them achieve their business goals through their people;
- Coach managers on matters such as hiring initiatives, talent assessments, team dynamics, performance management and assessing employee development needs. Make recommendations and implement appropriate solutions;
- Develop relationships with leaders and employees across the office to facilitate and promote an environment that attracts and retains diverse talent;
- Demonstrate understanding of business needs and trends to help drive the business forward;
- Be a pivotal lead and be the employee contact for benefits, payroll;
- Assist with employee relations matters;
- Contribute to the Employee Experience and help us champion our Flexport culture.
What you'll need:
- 2+ years prior People Ops and/or Human Resources experience, ideally in a high-growth environment;
- A passion for people. You should be smart, thoughtful, emotionally intelligent, and excited to bring out the best in people;
- Experience should include demonstrated competence in various HR functional areas: coaching, employee relations, compensation, performance management, and program management;
- Has a people centric and "roll up your sleeves and get it done" work style;
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion; maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally at all levels;
- Ability to engage, inspire and influence people;
- Management experience isn't a requirement, but is helpful;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Dutch.
As the central hub of Flexport Europe, our Amsterdam team works with clients across Europe and partners closely with our colleagues in the U.S. and Asia. We’re incubating country markets before establishing local offices in their respective regions.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.