Sales Development Representative
Flexport, Amsterdam, NL
People-Driven Service Extended Through Software
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & more.
With revenue growing at breakneck speed, we’re looking for a consultative and tenacious Sales Development Representative to join our growing sales team in Amsterdam.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities for Flexport;
- Learn how global trade works from the ground up and build the foundation for your career at Flexport;
- Work with your dedicated Account Executive to identify ongoing strategic targets;
- Demonstrate the value of our offering through phone call, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums;
- Research your target companies and prepare executive summaries to turn your Sales Executive into a rockstar ahead of their calls;
- Diligently update SalesForce, our CRM, to stay current on leads and follow ups;
- Shadow your dedicated Account Executive in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills you’ll need for next role on the Flexport sales team.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree with 1-2 years of professional work experience in Sales, Business Development, Client Success, Investment Banking, Financial Services, or Consulting.
- Master's degree with a strong academic track record and meaningful internship experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. You should be a great writer, speaker, and listener.
- Fearlessness - willing to hop on the phone with new people every day and explain Flexport's value proposition as it relates to each individual you speak with.
- An obsession with prospect happiness - set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
- The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Flexibility - things change around here. FAST.
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come.
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- Fluent English. Additional European languages are a plus.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Research Services Account Executive
Qualtrics , Provo
Peloton, Santa Monica, CA
Sales Engineer, Enterprise Accounts (Charlotte, NC)
Box, Charlotte, NC
Senior Program Manager, Customer Success
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
Brand Partnerships Director
GOOD Worldwide, New York or the Midwest
Enterprise Account Executive- Germany