Global problems. Global impact.
Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easy for everyone. We are re-making a trillion dollar industry that touches every person on Earth, which means solving some of the global community’s most complex challenges. We are looking for makers who love learning, are passionate about collaborating, and desire to build solutions with a global impact.
About Our Team
We're a supportive, down-to-earth team of storytellers, designers, branders and communicators who work closely with engineers and product to discover, design, and validate well-crafted user experiences.
The Flexport product design team creates the end-to-end user experience for our clients, their suppliers, and our service partners (Airlines, Ocean Carriers, Trucking Companies). Product designers are responsible for the full product development lifecycle, from creating the product vision to pixel-perfect implementation. The challenges designers tackle at Flexport are complex. To be successful, designers must be able to work cross-functionally across teams, think deeply, and communicate clearly. If this is you, we'd love for you to join us as we lay the foundation for our vision of global trade!
What you'll do:
- Work with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term solutions for your product.
- Deeply understand your users through exploratory research and usability tests.
- Present work in a range of mediums and fidelities throughout the design process.
- Build prototypes to share and test concepts with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop and expand our design system.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Provide mentorship to junior designers.
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years professional hands-on design experience.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating many successfully launched products.
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and vision.
- Proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion.
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to communicate design rationale to stakeholders.
- A degree in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Designer - (Pivotal Labs)
Pivotal Software, Boston, Massachusetts
Sr. Product Manager (Campaign Management)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Unbabel, Lisbon, Portugal
Senior Product Manager, Data