Flexport's mission is to democratize and simplify global trade. To make global trade accessible to all, we've designed a service that allows any company to effortlessly manage their entire global supply chain. We help many different types of businesses--small companies just getting started to well established brands. We are creating more than just a suite of tools, we are empowering our clients with the technology and insights to take their businesses to the next level.
The Flexport design team creates the end-to-end user experience for our clients, their suppliers, and our service partners (Airlines, Ocean Carriers, Trucking Companies). All designers are responsible for the full product development lifecycle, from creating the product vision to pixel-perfect implementation. The challenges designers tackle at Flexport are complex. To be successful, designers must be able to work cross-functionally across teams, think deeply, and communicate clearly. Now is an exciting time to join our design team as we lay the foundation for our vision of global trade.
- Work with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term solutions for your product.
- Deeply understand your users through exploratory research and usability tests.
- Present work in a range of mediums and fidelities throughout the design process.
- Build prototypes to share and test concepts with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to develop and expand our design system.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Provide mentorship to junior designers.
- 6+ years professional hands-on design experience.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating many successfully launched products.
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and vision.
- Proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion.
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to communicate design rationale to stakeholders.
- A degree in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Marketing Manager
Ematic Solutions, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
BetterUp, San Francisco
Palantir Technologies, São Paulo, Brazil
Sr. Technical Writer
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
Head of Product Design
Senior Product Manager
Checkr, San Francisco