Flexport is bringing a Silicon Valley approach to the antiquated industries of freight, trade & logistics (~12% of global GDP) by building the first online operating system for global trade. With a total addressable market of $1 trillion, we've raised $204M from investors like Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, and Y Combinator to drive this mission.
As the Technical Sourcing Lead you’ll be a hands on leader building a technical sourcing function from scratch. You'll put together strategies on how the team should identify and engage future Flexport technical talent, helping us to achieve our ambitious goals of fundamentally changing an industry through the use of technology. Our ideal candidate understands the impact sourcing has on a recruiting function, the necessary steps needs to deliver results, and is passionate about building companies.
Our team values candor, long-term thinking, and teamwork. The technical recruiting team is being built from scratch, expanding rapidly, and will provide many opportunities for ownership and development.
What you'll do:
- Be a hands on leader, sourcing passive talent for Flexport’s technical functions;
- Develop an understanding of Flexport’s products, technology, market position, and employer value proposition to successfully identify and engage passive talent;
- Work hand-in-hand with recruiters and engineers to devise and execute sourcing plans;
- Bring your unique skillset to a variety of strategic initiatives such as employee referral, event, diversity, and industry hiring;
- Build out a technical sourcing function that will be responsible for delivering senior talent on hard to fill roles across all of the tech organization!
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree;
- 3+ years experience sourcing in software engineering, product, or design for a startup or leading technology company;
- Experience leading sourcing teams and building process/best practices;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a penchant for data;
- Deep understanding of modern software development tools and tech stacks;
- A strong desire to build an organization, have fun, grow, and succeed!
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.