Ocean Freight Fulfillment Specialist
Flexport, Hong Kong
Fixing the user experience in global trade.
Build the Ocean Services to help Flexport grow
Our Ocean Freight Team is essential to winning new business, supporting all current business, and building out the future of Flexport’s ocean services. As a Ocean Freight Fulfillment Specialist in Hong Kong, you’ll be an integral part of helping achieve Flexport’s growth goals.
You will responsible for different trades that we are focusing on. Candidates will need to have a passion for ocean freight and ability to work with parties across different parts of the organization.
Be an operational teammate:
- You will help to ensure seamless operation of moving ocean shipments under Flexport contracts
- You will assist the team leader to provide both soft and hard allocation with ocean carriers that match with clients’ demand and minimize allocation shortfall
- You will support with trial / VIP shipments by providing various ocean carrier options and protect these shipments from roll-overs
- You will maintain and run the fulfillment management tool for daily operation and support urgent requests from clients / squads
- You will support to draft best practices for fulfillment management tool execution
- You are expected to be process and data driven in your daily activities, ensuring we operate in an efficient and effective way.
- You can assist the teammate to take action to manage exceptions in operations and be proactive in exploring and implementing solutions
You Should have:
- BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success
- 0 to 1 years experience working in NVOCC pricing, procurement, operations team or in a supply-chain role, hands on experience of Transpacific trade is a plus; also open to fresh graduates
- Fair communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Bulk Handling Systems
Technical Documents and Training Administrator
Bulk Handling Systems, Bulk Handling Systems