Customs Data Operations Associate
Flexport, Los Angeles, CA
People-Driven Service Extended Through Software
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Since 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & more.
With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for for Associates to join our Customs Data Operations Associate. This is a great opportunity for a recent college graduate looking to launch their career. You'll be working alongside and learning from some of the smartest people in the logistics industry as we challenge the status quo and reduce the friction in global trade.
What you'll do:
- Make US Customs entries under US Customs law for high profile clients
- Digitally prepare and file all documentation required for goods to clear US customs
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all regulations and procedures of the US Customs, FDA, USDA and Other Government Agencies (OGA)
- Review and organize incoming documents to ensure compliance with US Customs and OGA reporting requirements
- Provide necessary documents to other government agencies, including but not limited to FDA, FCC and USDA
What you'll need:
- BA/BS Degree. Brownie points for majors relating to Supply Chain, International Trade, International Business, or Maritime law.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Next-level logistical problem-solving skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Project Manager
Knotel, Knotel NYC
Cloud Operations Engineer
Director of Retail Operations
Survios, Culver City, CA
Recruiter of Medical Assistants
Heal, Los Angeles
Business Developer - Men division (H/F)
Vestiaire Collective, Paris
Localization specialist (contract) - Dutch
Quora, Mountain View, CA