Global problems. Global impact.
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. We are re-making a trillion dollar industry that touches every person on Earth, which means solving some of the global community’s most complex challenges. We are looking for makers who love learning, are passionate about collaborating, and desire to build solutions with a global impact.
Reliable and scaleable data pipelines and data warehouse are integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. At Flexport you’ll provide data for products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry.
You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade. Started in 2013, with a total addressable market of $1 trillion, we've raised $304M from investors that include Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator and more.
What you’ll do
- Develop resilient pipelines from a variety of data sources, both internal and external
- Implement Comprehensive Testing and Continuous Integration frameworks for schema, data, and functional processes/pipelines
- Design the scheduling framework (Airflow) to automatically recognize and set-up object dependencies for robust and timely data delivery
- Be part of a close-knit data engineering team that ships new code every day
What you’ll need
- 5+ years experience developing data frameworks using Python
- 5+ years of using SQL for data manipulation in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience with Airflow is strongly preferred
- Data Warehousing development and fundamentals preferred
- Passion for business-oriented data development
What you’ll get
- The opportunity to shape data engineering at agile startup
- Meaningful equity in a startup growing their business 20% every month
- Feature ownership - design, implement and own significant portions of data infrastructure
Our pipelines are built using Python and SQL, glued with bash. Data Warehouse is a combination of Postgres and Redshift. All of our infrastructure is based on AWS. Our BI data is only 15 minutes behind production servers.
Culture & Values
- Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
Prodigy Finance, Cape Town
Sales Engineer- Bay Area or LA
Paxata, Redwood City
Software Engineer, iOS (Taiwan)
Software Engineer Intern - Summer
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Software Engineer – Full Stack – Effectiveness Platform
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Machine Learning Engineer
Schibsted, Oslo, Stockholm