Data Operations Associate | New Graduate
Flexport, Atlanta, GA
People-Driven Service Extended Through Software
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
Data and information is the foundation upon which Flexport builds its business and transforms the freight industry. Our Data Operations Team helps Flexport deliver the accuracy and insight that represent value to our clients, while working in a team to learn the business of moving freight.
Our Data Operations Associate role is the first step in a career path in our broader Global Operations Team. Our Global Operations Team empowers our clients, partners with asset owners around the world, and manages end-to-end global coordination of shipments to further us on our mission of fixing the user experience in Global Trade.
We’re looking for recent college graduates and students planning on graduating in the Spring/Summer of 2018.
What you'll do:
- Own the quality of data from client and supplier through to Flexport’s Customs team;
- Work with Operations Associates to help move freight for our clients;
- Refine and expand the processes followed by our clients and partners to help optimize our data onboarding and delivery.
- Enter commercial product information and dimensions with speed, consistency and accuracy.
- Ensure quality control on international shipment documents;
- Complete special projects to support the team with serving our clients and partners
What you'll need:
- A 2017 or 2018 BA/BS Degree with a strong academic track record and meaningful internship experience;
- Excitement to get your hands dirty in a learn by doing environment
- A selfless mindset willing to work in the nitty gritty of the freight and logistics industry to deliver for our clients.Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Entry-Level Business Data Analyst
DraftKings, Boston, MA
Senior Data Modeler
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Global Operations Associate
Flexport, Shenzhen, CN
Brand Ambassador: Fulfillment
TaskRabbit, Austin, TX
Gwynnie Bee, Mountain View, CA